Installed new airtel Xstream fiber connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Rickysin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 213
  • Views Views 38,858
so 2 weeks ago i got airtel Xstream fiber connection installed at my home.

background story:

so in 2017 i got a call from jio fiber that they are giving free fiber connection for 3 months with refundable security deposit of 4500rs. I opted for this and got it installed. I continued using free jio fiber internet for like 2 years untill they started paid plans.
In those 2 years i got full 95 mbps up and down speed. No complaint in that. But their ping latency and download speed was like horrible for non-peered content. I raised a disconnection request this year and got the security amount of 4500rs back within 20 days.
Then airtel called me and told that they are pre booking for upcoming ftth service in my area and i will get free installation and dual band wifi for 1000rs amount. This amount will be adjusted in 2 bills . 500rs discount per bill for 2 months.
I said yes and within 1 week of request engineers and hired labour started digging my street for underground fiber cables and OLT boxes . This continued for 1 month and work was done.

i again got a call from their engineer that service is live now and they are sending wiring team to my location. And installation process began and within 1 hour connection was installed and internet was up and running.

I choose 200mbps unlimited plan and getting more than 200mbps down and upload speed approximately.

ping is also fine. Just 10ms lesser than jio but surfing websites and streaming is way better than jio.

Paid for 6 months advance (₹799 plan ) , was still charged ₹1000 as installation .
Till yesterday they had FAQ that for LCO site one needs to pay ₹1000 , however it is removed today ( maybe month changed , new policy? )

This is 2-3 years old policy. You got receipt for installation paid?
Get it adjusted from customer care.

Airtel website updated again , shows ₹1000 as installation charges for LCO cities .
Perhaps my city comes under LCO cities

Screenshot attached -

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200601-225705.webp
    Screenshot_20200601-225705.webp
    94.1 KB · Views: 429
This LCO models looks new ... I got connection directly from Airtel and never paid any charge , all the 3 times I took

Yes they have started this LCO/ franchise system atleast in my city ( Allahabad) .There are around dozen LCOs offering airtel connection. They don't even do proper underground wiring , it is all through poles .

Although everything else is centralised to airtel ( from applying for connection to complaint to payment) .

Airtel has started offering special plans for tier 2 cities .
In my city they are offering 40Mbps ( it is generally 45 Mbps when u speed test) Unlimited @799₹ ( taxes included ) and ₹1100 for 100 Mbps unlimited .

Yeah lco thing is new . Was non existant before. Even on ibf no one ever mentioned.
Surprised to see airtel following this model.

Airtel is tying up with locals for laying cables and installation. The connection and after sales service is provided by airtel. They are doing it in order to cover more areas faster.

Yes they have started this LCO/ franchise system atleast in my city ( Allahabad) .There are around dozen LCOs offering airtel connection. They don't even do proper underground wiring , it is all through poles .

Although everything else is centralised to airtel ( from applying for connection to complaint to payment) .

Airtel has started offering special plans for tier 2 cities .
In my city they are offering 40Mbps ( it is generally 45 Mbps when u speed test) Unlimited @799₹ ( taxes included ) and ₹1100 for 100 Mbps unlimited .
Coz that's prepaid bro. Prepaid has different plans.

This LCO will negatively affect them and ppl who use it I feel ...I mean the fiber is as good as you maintain it .. if it's not underground then it's not reliable and we don't know how LCO will maintain his equipment to standards ....I think it's as good as having connection from LCO who uses airtel as upstream provider ..

Given Airtel customer service, hope they try to maintain that with LCO as well .. But good thing is more ppl will have access to Airtel

P.S.. I'm a fan of Airtel broadband 😀

Back