Loopback causing blacklisted ont

• Thread starter Thread starter orrville
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 78
  • Views Views 12,342
As luck would have it, few minutes after this, there was a power outage. Causing all three r600vpn, GPON and Hathway modem to restart. And few seconds after that, pon is lost.
Last week also I had turned everything off, and problem occurred after restarting.

There is definitely something else here. I also saw bursts of transmitted broadcast after restart on wan 1. Will have to wait till Monday to get this unblocked. But can do some settings meanwhile if you guys can suggest.

OLT blocked your ONT SN.
This is preventing it from registering with OLT after the connection was reset.

check ONT admin page if there is an option to change SN.

This is Digisol DG-GR1321.

I don’t see any option to change SN. I guess by you mean mac ID. Seems it is fixed.

connection status: Not registered, not authenticated.
Tx power 2.5
Rx power -16.2

btw why would it get blocked even after we changed the vlan settings?

I just tried entering admin\admin on LOID configuration page, it made PON light on and green. But the pppoe connection does not happen. Also, connection status remains the same "Not registered, not authenticated.".

As @jayanta525 said, to avoid double NAT, using it in bridge mode.
ok, meant to say - does it work as a test. forgot to remove why question while rephrasing.

data from "Ports" tab next to "VLAN" might also clarify things? though, if vlan10 is native vlan, i understand @jayanta525's explanation. i'd suggest to put bsnl on some other port - like port 3 (remove it from vlan436 first) - just to be extra sure.

there is a way to test what happens on BSNL port. Enable Port Mirror in Network > Switch > Mirror. Select bsnl port as mirrored port, some lan port as mirroring port. connect a pc via cable to that lan port. run wireshark. that should (if i understood correctly) copy all pkts sent to bsnl to the lan port enabling wireshark to show who exactly is sending what stuff down to bsnl

There are different kinds of broadcast messages.
from r600vpn, PPPoED broadcast
from r600vpn, ARP broadcast
from GPON, broadcast with info as Ethernet II
there are some with source as laptop itself, ARP broadcast.

There are some packets, from my WIFI access point further down. They are with STP protocol with destination as "Spanning-tree-(for-bridges)_00"

anything wrong with those? I captured for few seconds only, hope that is good.

re without bridging - difficult to say it will work or not, because it takes lot of time for problem to occur and once it occurs, like now, not easy to restore without going through LCO who has his limitations as OLT is managed by someone else.

do you get any replies for those pppoe broadcasts - PADO pkts, offers? i would also look for any pkts with hathway ip being sent on bsnl port.

all those broadcasts look ok to me. some arps look to be not from mirrored port, but part of the link between laptop and router. you can either filter them by selecting egress only as "Mirror Mode" on the router or by adding filter in wireshark to negate laptop's mac

so the blocking isn't immediate? that complicates this a lot. but on reboot, GPON lost it so something went wrong in connection setup itself.

you could also try putting bsnl on some other port not associated previously with vlan10 (which I assume is native vlan) as i said before

I don’t see any return packets.

trying to change Mac of Digisol EPON to get pon first, then test what you suggested. SSH and ifconfig on eth0 to change Mac but it does not stick. br0, eth0.2, eth0.3 and wlan0 also have same Mac, but it crashes on bringing those interfaces down. Any suggestions?

Back