MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
Latest update MTNL came to my house yesterday & installed their UT300R2U modem but still the problems of frequent disconnections occcur but if it does work then all sites open albeit slowly. And there is a massive packet loss when you ping the DNS servers, (using OpenDNS makes no difference to this problem). Another guy came today and did not even know how to use a mouse, spent an hour fiddling & farting and went away with a promise that they will change the port.

Update Today net was down from yesterday till today evening, port has been changed but problems persist. I gave that joker who came yesterday who came to brag today a piece of my mind, (I normally don't like shouting at anyone who comes to my house but I guess last six weeks have pushed me to the brink) asked WTF did he change the the setting for the taskbar without my permission, I don't see how it is connected with the network problem. AH says he does not remember. Still getting enormous packet less & speedtest.net not accessible.

----------

Does any have the email id of the CMD of MTNL, if so please post it here or PM me.

----------

For me, all the 'April Problems' are still there, guys, please update your status.

@Socrates : Did you get any reply from D-Link regarding the firmware update for DLink 502T router ? I searched google for the update & there seems to be one available not sure though, as have not taken a detailed look as yet.

Thanks

No reply to my email I rang up the service center in Kalina Mumbai & was told by a Bharat that my modem was up to date. :huh:

At last, today received a mail from the ED:thumbsup: He forwarded it other executives and sent me a copy of it:rofl:

----------

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/1213/emailrec.jpg

Well the net is working fine but facing a new problem now,for the past few days the adsl and the ethernet lights go off after say 15-20 mins but not every time anyone facing this problem.

Yes, I am facing the same problem. During my night unlimited downloads, sometimes I wake up to find that only the power light is on. Although, this does not happen everyday or after a particular interval. It's just random.

Still no respite from those dreaded 'April Problems', those same symptopms still exist.What's your status guys ? Is the ADSL light stable when in non-surfing state ? mine flickers continuously & never allows me to open many websites incl. the router homepage. :(

still have the issue guys... all lights on but no connection. i also have frequent disconnections. do u guys prefer leaving complaint on ivr, or directly to some person? i m not enjoying the conxn at all, think will switch back to airtel

'April Problems' Still there was hoping that over the weekend something will be done, now that the usage details are visible & I dont get disconnected after 3-5 mins after my port was changed I find I am still being over metered :cry::@ Now that speedtest.net site has begun working I find my speed reduced as my UL sync rate has been reduced.
https://www.speedtest.net

----------

Well the net is working fine but facing a new problem now,for the past few days the adsl and the ethernet lights go off after say 15-20 mins but not every time anyone facing this problem.

Yup this has happened to me many time in the last week. Seems to be a new addition to the 'April Problems' :cry:

Besides april problems I also face problem that on incoming call, my ADSL disconnects and even after blinking stops, and ADSL becomes stable, I cannot reconnect till the phone does not disconnect so till someone is speaking on phone, I have to sit idle without BB. Anyone else facing this problem? When u are connected and surfing, try calling ur landline via ur mobile and see if ur BB gets disconnected esp. ADSL starts blinking.I think MTNL guys have screw ADSL+Landline frequency which is why the cables have faulted.

Lets see if i face such a problem when i fully shift to NL Plan. I hope my local exchange changes the plan at their end and increases my speed as well.

Back