MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
An interesting insight into how MTNL functions. I wrote to the ED today about the never ending ‘April Problems’ in which I had enumerated all the faults a lot of us have been facing. In the afternoon today I get a call from the GM’s office asking me what the problem is!!!!!! When I tell this lady that I have listed all the problems in my email, I get a lame answer that the ED’s office has only passed on the message that there is a problem being faced by me. So the whole litany of woes has to be repeated again. Last month on one day I got SIX calls on one day each one asking me what is wrong grrrrrrr.:@:@:@ Moral of the story is that even at the highest level this organization is NOT used to using emails to convey a message. Sab time pass karne keliye baite hai. Can you believe it, in FIVE weeks it has only worked properly for only FIVE DAYS? :O. Even in writing this post it has disconnected 4 times.

hey guys..Have been a regular visitor to the forum for the past many months. Extremely sorry that i didnt register till now... anywyas, better late than never!Had been using the net on my trusted D-Link 502T for the past 3 years without much of a problem.. but over the past month with these 'April problems' occuring, and repeated complaints given, i had enough of it..A week back went to the MTNL office and told them to exchange my modem.. my thought of replacing the modem was reinforced by a technician (dont think he was an mtnl employee.. was quite svavy looking) I met at the office. He told me that the dlink modems are having some issues with its firmware and that i better replace it...That impetus was enough for me to go to the stores department and ask, rather demand, for a replacement.. Though reluctant at the start, the store wala finally gave me another modem, a second hand UT300R2U.. they dont give new modems for replacement..Though this modem does disconnect sometimes, but it is no where near the madness i encountered in the dlink modem.. this disconnection(the adsl line goes off and comes back in 5-10 secs) i attribute to the line problems that is occuring due to my landline usage or something at home.. will sort it out these in house line problems :P after i am done with my exams..Hope this post will be useful to all we harassed customers... the thing is that, there's no better ISP in town with affordable prices and a stable net connection. So the idea of shifting to other providers is rather not that encouraging, the whole idea of a new connection and all...May be the Dlink problems will be solved some time in future... but since i couldnt wait sitting in vain at home for that future to come :P , i thought of replacing it.. Hope this modem doesnt give me any major trouble and i get to enjoy using MTNL as before..! :D

@Socrates. At least some calls you from MTNL. No one calls me.:(

----------

Just changed back again to 849 NU. My downward Sync rate is 256 and i told them to increase it. This is what i have received as a reply(Not from my lineman). She says "Aapka speed toh 256-2mbps aapko utna hi millega. Damn......... What the hell is happening in MTNL

Hey Krish,Thanks for that link, will take a look at it later.BTW, has anyone tried updating the firmware version of the D-Link router with the latest one ? When I spoke today with MTNL 'technical support' guy on 1504, he mentioned that this 'April Problem' issue has been solved to a large extent (I know it's not) & he was not receiving that many frequent complaints as of now. I told him that myself & many others in Mumbai still facing the same problem even when the router was changed to some other brand, he told me that this could be due to some frequency problem & he told me to try updating the router's(D-Link) firmware version to the latest one & it should solve the problem.What's your opinion guys ? Have you or can you try it ?Thanks

@Mindlogic. How did you get through 1504. Whenever i call them, they pick up the one but can't hear the voice. Does any one face this problem?

@Mindlogic. How did you get through 1504. Whenever i call them, they pick up the one but can't hear the voice. Does any one face this problem?

It's very difficult getting through 1504, most of the time, the lines are busy and engaged & you keep on getting the pre-recorded message asking us to wait etc. The waiting time is atleast 10-15 mins, after that only, we can expect to talk to anyone.

During the whole month of April, it was literally impossible to talk to them since they were flooded with complaint-calls. Regardless of which option (option 1, 2 or 3) you try on 1504, it's a pain in the ass waiting for the operator to come online. Infact, option 3 (online help) is the worst one, in 100 attempts, you will get through only once & that too if you are the most luckiest person in the world.

Overall, it's the worst customer service I have ever seen till date. MTNL sucks in customer support. God help please !

Thanks

EDIT :
BTW, there is still no respite from the dreaded 'April Problems'. Can you guys please post your feedbacks. Also, please post your views on the firmware update suggestion I posted above.

Boss lets get on MTNL's horns to waive monthly charge as we did not have ANY "satisfactory" service in April and May has already started on bad note so why shud we pay them if we have not used their service. If they don't listen to us then tell them we will complain to TRAI and consumer forums/courts, higher authorities etc. This should work IF we all try all at once. Trust me pungi baj jayegi unki, we might atleast get some discount for sure till problems are fixed.

Boss lets get on MTNL's horns to waive monthly charge as we did not have ANY "satisfactory" service in April and May has already started on bad note so why shud we pay them if we have not used their service. If they don't listen to us then tell them we will complain to TRAI and consumer forums/courts, higher authorities etc. This should work IF we all try all at once.
Trust me pungi baj jayegi unki, we might atleast get some discount for sure till problems are fixed.

I told the lady who called from the GM broadband office that if its not fixed by this week , I am going to write to the MD + TRAI & go to the consumer court.

Back