MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
Hey Krish,

Thanks for that link, will take a look at it later.

BTW, has anyone tried updating the firmware version of the D-Link router with the latest one ?

When I spoke today with MTNL 'technical support' guy on 1504, he mentioned that this 'April Problem' issue has been solved to a large extent (I know it's not) & he was not receiving that many frequent complaints as of now. I told him that myself & many others in Mumbai still facing the same problem even when the router was changed to some other brand, he told me that this could be due to some frequency problem & he told me to try updating the router's(D-Link) firmware version to the latest one & it should solve the problem.

What's your opinion guys ? Have you or can you try it ?

Thanks

I had got some bull yesterday that there was some 'earthing' problem, I have written to D-Link just now if there is a update to the version I have on my modem. Lets see if they reply.:o

@Socrates. Try writing to pehredar

----------

@Socrates. Mtnl is not changing my downstream data rate to 2048:madness: The Reply i get is disgusting. What do i do? Not only that i checked the status of my complaint through MTNL website and it says "It is pending". What the hell

@Socrates. Try writing to pehredar

----------

@Socrates. Mtnl is not changing my downstream data rate to 2048:madness: The Reply i get is disgusting. What do i do? Not only that i checked the status of my complaint through MTNL website and it says "It is pending". What the hell

The reason they are not doing that is because when they do, you will suffer all the April Problems, one of the cures they have found is to downgrade the DL sync rate.

At least they should have informed. No one dared to do this

----------

This Thread is becoming famous like anything:D

Thanks to Sushubh:thumb:

@ Above. I got a reply from Mtnl for my complaint. What am i asking and what answer they are providing. see for yourself. Help me to crack it out:D

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4568/bbcomplaint.jpg

My Latest Sync Rate

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4204/syncrate.jpg

complained to MTNL DGM today, got someone to come personally and check the scenario and have assured me to fix it. Nahi to wapis DGM office mein phone hoga with more music to them. BTW what is the max download rate for 599 NU(old plan now defunct)?? 2mbps or 256kbps?

Really fed up with Mtnl and their poor customer care service. Called today again @ 1504. Those people say "Aapka connection toh 256-2mbps hai aapko utna hi milega. What the hell damn. I told them to increase my downward data stream rate. Still the same answer:cry:

For me, all the 'April Problems' are still there, guys, please update your status.@Socrates : Did you get any reply from D-Link regarding the firmware update for DLink 502T router ? I searched google for the update & there seems to be one available not sure though, as have not taken a detailed look as yet.Thanks

I have been harassed like any thing by MTNL. I just called up 1500 and asked them whether my plan has been changed or not. They said Yes. Called again 1504 they said no, its displaying your same old plan. Called the Speed incharge of my exchange, he says "Its displaying your Old plan" I can't change unless it displays on my computer screen. I really dont know what to do. The Only option would be to write to the ED regarding it. Called the DGM(Mulund). His Secretary picked up and said go to customercare executive. What the hell is happening. I don't understand. I have made almost 10 calls today.

Planning to write to the ED

Is this Ed's Mail id?
[email protected]

I think its time to catch some reporter from newspaper like Times of India. I am sure any reporter will be intrested in carrying out this article. Does anyone from this blog knows any reporter ?

Back