MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,897
Besides april problems I also face problem that on incoming call, my ADSL disconnects and even after blinking stops, and ADSL becomes stable, I cannot reconnect till the phone does not disconnect so till someone is speaking on phone, I have to sit idle without BB. Anyone else facing this problem? When u are connected and surfing, try calling ur landline via ur mobile and see if ur BB gets disconnected esp. ADSL starts blinking.
I think MTNL guys have screw ADSL+Landline frequency which is why the cables have faulted.

Had happened to me in April. It was one of the symptoms (for some days) of the 'April Problems'. :@

I have a friend in an adjoining building(hence same tel. exchange), he is also using Triband but his router is GLB-502T. I checked the internet surfing at his PC & was surprised to see that the sites which don't open up at my PC/router (DSL-502T), were working just fine at his PC. Although his ADSL light was also flickering at times when not surfing, but nowhere near to my router's ADSL light. Also, I was able to login to MSN messenger many no. of times at will, not the case at my PC/router. Router's homepage could also be accessed without any problems.So I was thinking whether GLB-502T could be a possible solution to those 'April Problems' ? What do you say guys ?

Nope I dont think so. Even if you look at the D-Link page it has a seperate link for people with that piece as its a problematic model. My neighbour on the same floor on the 2437 exchange also has a DSL 502T model has usually no problems, if at all it does occur then it seems to correct itself quickly (within 24 hrs) not like the shit we are facing.:@

Latest update after changing the port on 7th May I find that even though the dial tone is there & net works with the 'April Problems', I cant make or receive calls from my land line.:@ Now they have promised to change the line what ever that means. Only thing remaining is for me to change my ISP for phone & broadband.:hysterical:

Update for change of plan. At last got my plan changed as well as speed adjusted :) And below is my latest speed

----------

Coming to the april problem. This is what i get when i browse through my router page at the start. It hogs up like anything. Very slow opening

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3875/aprilprobz.jpg

just got a mtnl connection:PLAN: triband 599 (256kbps UPTO 2mbps)modem: wireless WA3002-g1modem mode- G.dmtstats:Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin39.0 20.0 dbLine Attenuation25.0 14.5 dbData Rate2048 256 kbpsare the Snr margin and line attenuation good enough for optimal performance ?

I got a new Triband connection for my sister's laptop today. I raised some questions about the "April Problems" with the guy who came to install the new connection. He admitted that there were some problems with the D-Link DSL 502T router and that his department had asked him to change the 502T router wherever he saw one. He has promised to change mine as soon as he could.

I got a new Triband connection for my sister's laptop today. I raised some questions about the "April Problems" with the guy who came to install the new connection. He admitted that there were some problems with the D-Link DSL 502T router and that his department had asked him to change the 502T router wherever he saw one. He has promised to change mine as soon as he could.

Don't pin your hopes that it will work, see my post #192 in this thread. Like me others too had their modem changed but it was of no use.

Few days back, I contacted D-Link on their toll-free & discussed this whole issue with them in detail. They told me that I might try reloading the DLink-502T firmware into the router but for that I will have to take the router to their service centre at Kalina.Also contacted the MTNL 1504 'technical help' & they told me a new story that the problem is from the DLink end & not from their (MTNL's) end. The DLink server's are clashing/conflicting with the DSL-502T's firmware. I asked them whether the router connects to DLink's servers while surfing. They said 'YES'. Now I don't know how far this is true. So according to him, the solution lies only in getting a new router other than DSL-502T (preferably, non-DLink router)What the heck !

Few days back, I contacted D-Link on their toll-free & discussed this whole issue with them in detail. They told me that I might try reloading the DLink-502T firmware into the router but for that I will have to take the router to their service centre at Kalina.

Also contacted the MTNL 1504 'technical help' & they told me a new story that the problem is from the DLink end & not from their (MTNL's) end. The DLink server's are clashing/conflicting with the DSL-502T's firmware. I asked them whether the router connects to DLink's servers while surfing. They said 'YES'. Now I don't know how far this is true. So according to him, the solution lies only in getting a new router other than DSL-502T (preferably, non-DLink router)

What the heck !

I got the same answer from their tech team who gave me a link to their ftp site for their latest firmware. When I found that I have the latest firmware, all they could say was reload it again whereas the chap from Kalina said I had the latest firmware & there's nothing more to be done from their side.

Has anyone questioned this logic that overnight D-Link equipment has become incompatible. Actually MTNL had installed UT300R2U modem at my place & it made no difference & I am still stuck.:@ For those who want to flash their modem with the latest firmware here is what I got from D-Link

We suggest you to try upgrading firmware on router DSL-502T.

Please find the firmware at the following FTP site: ( Search in broadband folder)

ftp://global-ftp.digilink.in

Username : dtac_customer

Paswd : Dlink2009

Kindly try and revert back to us.

Thanks & Regards,

D-Link Technical Assistance Centre (D-TAC).
D-Link India Ltd.

Back