MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
You are right :thumbsup: I hope it stays that way, last two occasions last month did not even last 24 hrs:cry:. The way things are going looks like MTNL is trying to make us holy :D or full of prayer:hysterical:

April problems back with constant ADSL blinking now and then. Absolutely no stability. Damn.

Yes, all the problems are back again. Shitty MTNL.... :(Edit :Guys, what could be the possible solution to this problem which we can implement from our end eg. changing the router to some other brand other than D-Link etc. ? Asking this since it makes no sense to continuously complain to the MTNL 'customer support' and/or 'technical online help' on 1504 who simply have no clue whatsoever regarding the recurrence of this problem again & again. Also, we don't & can't have access to people who are responsbile for this debacle, hence, I'm requesting to know what can we do from our end to end this month-long menace ? It has become unbearable now & very frustrating & irritating to see this problem come back again & again without any permanent solution to the issue. Also, talking to these shitty MTNL customer support people is also a nightmarish experience who have no idea about this whole issue when it is going to end.Your inputs would be appreciated.Thanks.

I called up 1504 & abused them to the core. I gave all the possible bad words though thats not the solution but i had to remove my frustration on someone

Ther was one or two members who did not have D-Link who also faced these problems.

----------

I called up 1504 & abused them to the core. I gave all the possible bad words though thats not the solution but i had to remove my frustration on someone

:p What was their reaction to the abuse. Did they have any comments or remarks to make?

Any MTNL users using a different router and facing this problem ??

I had D-Link 502T and faced this problem. Got it changed to UT-300R2U 2-3 weeks back but problem is same. So this is definately frequency problem and not pertaining to DLink only.

Last heard that it was afflicting users who are on 'PPPoE' mode but not those on 'Bridge' mode. I dont know if this is true anymore.

----------

April problems back with constant ADSL blinking now and then. Absolutely no stability. Damn.

You are right & this time it did not even last 24 hrs. :@

Last heard that it was afflicting users who are on 'PPPoE' mode but not those on 'Bridge' mode. I dont know if this is true anymore.

So did you try changing the settings to 'Bridge' Mode ? Did it make any change for the better ?

Which setting is better "PPPoe" or 'Bridge' Mode under normal circumstances ? Technically speaking, what difference it makes with the two settings ?

You are right & this time it did not even last 24 hrs. :@

But now again it seems to have become 'normal', please check at your end & post your feedback. Don't know how long will it last this time, I'm skeptical. Let's see.

Thanks.

So did you try changing the settings to 'Bridge' Mode ? Did it make any change for the better ?

Which setting is better "PPPoe" or 'Bridge' Mode under normal circumstances ? Technically speaking, what difference it makes with the two settings ?

But now again it seems to have become 'normal', please check at your end & post your feedback. Don't know how long will it last this time, I'm skeptical. Let's see.

Thanks.

I had tried bridge mode when I had spoken to D-Link last month. On that ocasion it did not seem to help. But I have not tried it again as I have a WiFi router for a laptop running Vista. I am not sure if I can use WiFi with modem in bridge mode. I had asked that question many times in this thread but never got an answer so I guess I am stuck with PPPoE mode :). Currently getting frequent disconnections & DNS server is giving 'timed out'. Have to F5 3 times to write this post :@:@

Back