MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
If you have default option as multi-mode. Then the preferred option would be the G.dmt and thats what Mtnl has been using currently.

pity :o can you post an image of your selection?

This the speed i am getting at 2021hrs https://www.speedtest.net :wall::@:wall::wall:

what mode is your modem in g.dmt or adsl2+ ?
Change ur mtu to 1492

Hi I am using MTNL TRI BAND since 3 weeks now. i have opted for MTNL 256Kb 999/- unlimited plan. i Have D-Link - GLB-802C router. one strange thing i noticed about this connection is its not steady there are lot of frequent disconnections like page opens now it may not open after 2 mins .. but if i check if gateway its working fine ??? solution is to restart the router....which works for 2-3 mins and then same problem ....my download speed is 1.6Mbps ( i dont know how !! ) with such speed pages should open in no time. i am running vista on my pc. I called MTNL cust care who provided me mellow response.has anyone faced such kind of issue ??

This could be due to the low band width - 256kB. Does the problem occur during the evenings and night (after 5pm?). I have an MTNL broad band connection at home (Rs. 199 for 500MB) and I have never had a problem over the last 3 years. Infact MTNL appears to be the best - almost NIL down time and hence there are too many users leading to a total slowdown of the system. Try upgrading to a higher bandwidth. You may get the problem solved.

Is there anyone who is using a Netgear or Linksys modem AND facing 'April Problems'. Asking coz I am thinking of dumping the D-Link DSL 502T modem & going in for a Netgear or Linksys modem.

----------

change mode to g.dmt.. and mtu 1492

Thanks wil try this soon. :). Even my MRU is set at 1492 will that make any difference?

Is there anyone who is using a Netgear or Linksys modem AND facing 'April Problems'. Asking coz I am thinking of dumping the D-Link DSL 502T modem & going in for a Netgear or Linksys modem.

Hi,

Did you try shifting to bridged mode on DSL-502T ? I tried a few days back & there seems to be no 'April Problems' in bridged mode. All sites are opening properly incl MSN etc. though there can be disconnections at times. I am sure that you are also aware of Krish's sticky-tutorial in this forum for shifting to bridged mode.

I don't know how security-safe (or hazardous) bridged mode can be but atleast surfing is a breeze (as it used to be with Triband earlier).

Thanks

Back