MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
this is because of poor sync between the node at exchange and the router.

Latest update @ 1305 hrs; The result of my email sent to the ED MTNL Mumbai is that the linesman comes to my house because he has been told that ‘kuch problem hai’, they were totally ignorant about the ‘April Problems’ so I rang up his boss who also did not have the email I had sent, so basically they were groping in the dark, in trying to find out the problem – which has existed for over TEN weeks for thousands of MTNL Triband customers in Mumbai !!!
So I rang up the ED’s office finally a person who claimed (on 12th of May ’09 I was told his secretary was a woman) to be the ED’s secretary came on the line (a curt sounding ‘gentleman’). (I have unfortunately forgotten his name). He claimed that he forwards such emails to the GM level that’s all, when I gave him the feedback that it has not been forwarded to the dept which does the job, all he said was that ‘tell the area manager that’ & put down the phone. Confirming what we all know about the attitude at the senior staff. NOW THIS IS HOW THE SO CALLED SECERATRY OF THE ED MTNL MUMBAI BEHAVES. What is shocking is the absolute indifference & insensitivity, insolence and arrogance of the support staff of the executive director to the problems faced by thousands of MTNL customers in Mumbai.:@:@:@

----------

Latest update @ 1520 hrs
Most of the sites which I have listed above (https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/44009-mtnl-broadband-adsl-light-but-no-internet-connectivity/3/ post #111 & https://broadband.forum/mtnl-broadband/47426-filing-complaint-trai-and-mtnl-top-bosses/ post #2) which were not opening have begun to do so.
Can login to MSN messenger.
Can login to the two ICICI sites but there still seems to be some glitch sometimes which does not give me much confidence.
At least for today the disconnections haven't happened so far (touchwood:p), usually I have atleast 4-5 per day.
BUT BUT BUT
problem still exists regarding modem page :@ also
packet loss still there :@
heavy over metering still there :@ but got a promise today that it will be looked into but frankly will be satisfied only if this last for a week, in the past it lasted for less 24 hrs.

@socrates congrats for the partial resolution. :thumbsup: see if you telnet into the router.

How do I do that, got a bit rust in my old age. Used to do that during the dial up days & win 95. :redface:

Hey guys, I'd encountered a strange problem recently (not sure if it is related to 'April Problems').

For the past 4 days I could not connect to the net even though my D-Link GLB-802C's ADSL light was glowing all the time. I tried both the modes viz. Bridge & PPPoE but nothing happened. In Bridge mode whenever I used to dial, it used to show an error message:
Code:
"Error 678: The remote computer did not respond."
At first I thought my local MTNL exchange's server was temporarily down but later I came to know it was not the case. As the next day happened to be Saturday, I'd to wait till Monday to lodge a complaint.

I lodged a complaint with 1504 on Monday. As anticipated, nobody from MTNL called me backed to inquire about the problem but all of a sudden when I dialed just now, I could connect :yahoo:!

Since I couldn't figure out the problem till now, I thought of reporting the problem first here.

This has happened to me as part of the 'April Problems' but never for such a long period. My guess is that somebody is fiddling & farting with the port authentication at the exchange. :mad:

:happy: socrates go to command prompt and do a "telnet 192.168.1.1" without quotes. if ping to router works then telnet should work too!

:happy: socrates go to command prompt and do a \"telnet 192.168.1.1\" without quotes. if ping to router works then telnet should work too!

Does not seem to work :( . This is what I got http://img189.imageshack.us/my.php?image=23242716.jpg

oh have u tried reseting the modem? and setting the lan/wlan settings to auto in winxp. then restart. try telnet again?!

Back