MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
:p thats ok Before you do this reset the router/modemOpen Windows Start menu. Open Control Panel. Classic view: Open Network Connections Category view: Select Network and Internet Connections, and then Network Connections. Double-click on your active LAN or Internet connection. Click Properties. This opens the Local Area Connections Properties window. In the General tab, highlight the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) item, and click Properties. Here set both settings IP/DNS to auto and restart.

O that, I normally acess that from the icon in my task bar :D:D:D mucho thanks for your time & patience, will do it now. Phew really getting old & rusty. IP is set to auto & DNS is set to two MTNL servers :)

:thumbsup: after the modem reset and auto settings in windowsxp ping the router on 192.168.1.1 and you should get access to it for feeding the usual username/pswd/mtu etc settings in the router.

Hi all, was a bit busy and could not see the latest happening in the threads.

@Socrates. Whats the latest happening? has the issue been resolved or not?.

Waiting for your reply.

My latest speed as on June 9th
https://www.speedtest.net
Waiting for your reply.

i always hoped my connection wouldn't face any problems, but damn, finally my connection is messed up since the past 20 days now. :(im not sure what the so called 'april problems' are, but im facing a real strange problem. the connection itself is very stable and the speeds are fine as well. but after every 45 sec - 1min there is a loss of data. the connection is still active but there is no data being transferred for about 10-15 sec. after that again data starts transferring. this happens periodically after an exact amount of time.at first i thought it was my router. and because of that i just happened to check for a new firmware for my router. there was a new one available and i tried to upgrade the firmware. but damn, it went bad and now the router is bricked. :@ if it wasnt for MTNL i wouldnt even have bothered to check. so now i have a bricked router, but luckily have a spare dsl-502t. but the problem still exists. also this confirms that the problem faced is not an issue of only D-Link routers.i havent lodged a complaint yet simply because i dont think they are gonna be able to do anything. plus they might even screw up whatever net access im getting right now. :Pi think its time to move on to another ISP now for me. i have waited too long for a reasonable UL from MTNL which isnt happening. that said other ISPs dont have a decent one either. also a few ISPs have come up with ridiculous FUP. :@ broadband is like a nightmare in india now. :@ cant even find a decent ISP now. im totally stuck. :(

Update... got a mail from MTNL people saying they couldnt find anybody at my residence. Yeah, I was not at home for 4 days and these people are coming from 3 days:whistle:

Latest update these jerks for some reason have reduced the DL sync rate to 519 kbps in the morning between 900 hrs to 10.30 it was the correct 2034 kbps :@:@:@:@ This is what I get now

https://www.speedtest.net

Update 1615 hrs Just back from the exchange. Sync rate rectified. Forever fiddling & Fa...... This is what I call hit & miss artists.

Back