MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,896
pretty good krish thats blazing fast :thumb:

Yeah, Thank you. There was some problem either my connection or my modem. Though i did reset my modem, don't know whether it solved the issue. I am receiving speeds as usual now. No April issue :)

My Current Plan is Triband 256 kbps Unlimited.... And I used to get around 100+ kbps :thumb: download speed until April.

But now my download speed only touches the max of 27 kbps :@.

https://www.speedtest.net

I also checked it on MTNL Website Speed Test, there I get
Your Bandwidth: 228.61Kbps (0.223Mbps)

I think mine is the slowest of all :-O as I see most of you guys post a speed in excess of 256 kbps from speedtest.

Please help me clear my doubt :O

@krish welcome bro.. hope it keeps working gr8 for u. i face problems after running utorrent or game servers for a long time... just reset the modem/router again.. that fixes the problem :happy:@kingtaurus thats normal speed u r getting! if u want real download speed of 256 then upgrade to 2 mbps plan!!;)

If its the normal speed m getting .... Then y was me gettin a speed in excess of 100 initially :cry: ???Socrates can ya help me ?

@kingtaurus21 You were getting more speed because of the inefficiencies of the MTNL system :hysterical: According to your plan you should be getting 256kbps DL.

@krish and @ socrate

I had been busy for few days so didn't go a chance for testing my speed and SNR results

I intially i was on the 599 plan no speed switched to Night plan no speed switched to Trib_Unlimited_256Kbps but still no speed finally i am on Trib_Unlimited_512Kbps.

Finally after following this discussion for few days i checked today and i think i am not getting for what i am paying.

Ok finally the numbers

first from 192.168.1.1 page

Item Downstream Upstream Unit
SNR Margin 31 15 dB
Line Attenuation 19 8 dB
Data Rate 252 262 kbps

second from the speedtest.net
https://www.speedtest.net

finally from the mtnl speed test

File Size: 5000KB
Time to Download: 466.872second(s)
Your Bandwidth: 96.69Kbps
(0.094Mbps)

Please let me know to whom should i approach for speed complaint. I am staying in mulund(east).

@rdj2880. hmm, You should be getting better speeds. Contact me via pm i will tell you whom to contact in Mulund.

Looks like Mulund is facing some speed problem, lots of complaints tha sync has been screwed up. Since you are on the 512 UL your DL sync rate should be 512. You will have to hammer away at these sloths till you get what you are entitled to.

Back