MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
@kingtaurus. I use Dumeter which automatically logs all my net usage details into an excel file every day:cool2:

If I change my router (I am having DSL502T) then this so called April problem will go away?

Not necessarily. It didn't work at my place, it has been same for many others. Which exchange are you on. By and large the April problems have gone away from 14th Jun '09. Have you lodged any complaints, try writing to the GM/DGm broadband or even meeting the SDE for your area.

Andheri exchange . . No, no complaint from my side . . because in the past all the problems were solved without any complaints . . but this time its to much, connection is going after every five minutes from last two months :wall:

Thanks . . lekin kuch hota hai ya aise hi time waste hota hai :D But can this problem be because of my router? I am using it from last 4 years.

From last 22nd of 23rd june 09 My triband connection stop working. LED status is Power ON, ADSL ON, PPOE OFF & LAN ON. Made several complaints to MTNL. FInally on 4th July I decided to surrender the MTNL connection.I use a glb 502t modem. Then on 5th July 09 I got a call from MTNL and he asked me to change the settings in modem and create dailup connection and it worked like MAKKHAN.so here are the settings it might help to those who are facing this problem.open you 192.168.1.1--->go to setup delete your setup ---> delete your default mtnl connection then create new one go to type---->bridge go to add value 32 in it. VCI--32 and rest all setting to be kept default click apply save and restart.go to your my network places create new connection next--> next -->setup my connection manually---->next--->connect using broadband connection that requires username and password----->ISP NAME----->put your username password and dial and you are connected. Hope this information will be helpful for people like me who did'nt knew the new settings.

@deepaksurya Welcome to IBF. What you have posted here (the problem has been dubbed 'April Problems') has been discussed already in this thread, infact krish_88 has made a nice sticky (with screen shots) of the same. Thanks anyway. :)

@deepaksurya Welcome to IBF. What you have posted here (the problem has been dubbed 'April Problems') has been discussed already in this thread, infact krish_88 has made a nice sticky (with screen shots) of the same. Thanks anyway. :)

Well Socrates thanks for the update, infact I realized the same after posting this information. That this might be a know issue and must have already been discussed but I was too lazy to search the same in the archive.

Any ways next time I will take care.:inodding:

Back