MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
Dear Krish !Tell me both about Normal Download Speed and Also of Torrent as I will be using both too.I guess u havin the same place 849 NU ??Do tell me soon please ..... as m changin it from 1st.Thanks in adv. bro

:wall::@:@:wall: Now these incompetents have reduced the DL & U.L sync rates. It seems that there are people at MTNL with a lot of time on their hands to keep tinkering at things which are working. :whistle:

@Kingtaurus. Getting around 200 Kb both in torrents as well as in an normal speed. Torrents depend upon the number of seeders which provides you better speeds. But i get a standard of 211kb in a normal download.:thumb:Update: My Lines have been changed and now it seems a bit good. No disconnections at all though there is a slight variation in the snr margin and the speeds at times,:cool2:@Socrates. My router page opens fine now as well :)

Oh that sounds great !Btw what is the SNR margin ... is it configured directly from the server of we can edit it as we want ?Krish thanks for ur valuable info broMy plan is changing from tomorrow.... I hope they get me moved in the New Plan right from tonite 12 :dance: I Guess m too optimistic :confused:

@AALAAP:
Is ur MTNL plan really 256k then howz this 1.9mbps speed.:o
plz share it bro:thumb:

----------

:confused::confused::confused:this reply was not written for this thread.:huh::huh:

SNR means Signal to Noise Ratio. Simply put divide the Signal value by Noise Value and you get SNR. You need high SNR for a stable connection. In general, a higher signal to noise ratio will result in less errors.

* 6bB. or below = Bad and will experience no line synchronisation and frequent disconnections
* 7dB-10dB. = Fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions.
* 11dB-20dB. = Good with little or no disconnection problems
* 20dB-28dB. = Excellent
* 29dB. or above = Outstanding

Note that most modems display value as SNR Margin and not pure SNR.

SNR Margin
You can think of SNR margin as the measure of quality of the service; it defines the ability of the service to work error free during noise bursts.

This is a measure of the difference between your current SNR and the SNR that is required to keep a reliable service at your connection speed. If your SNR is very close to the minimum required SNR, you are more likely to suffer intermittent connection faults, or slowdowns. You need a high margin to ensure that bursts of interference don't cause constant disconnections.

With traditional broadband, the higher the SNR Margin, the better. With MaxDSL the faster speeds are only available as a trade-off with what your line can reliably support. The Target SNR Margin is about 6dB. If your broadband is provided through an LLU (Local Loop Unbundled) network, this target SNR Margin may be as high as 12dB.

@Kingtaurus. We can't edit as we want, if that would been the case many people would have done it. Snr margin depends upon your quality of your line.
BTW, Which plan are you changing to?

Last edited by a moderator:
:wall::@:@:wall: Now these incompetents have reduced the DL & U.L sync rates. It seems that there are people at MTNL with a lot of time on their hands to keep tinkering at things which are working. :whistle:

Sync rate restored back to normal for now. :o Have a look at the crazy reading I got now
http://img83.imageshack.us/i/28231626.jpg/

Back