MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
@socrates
The firmware on the website is the same that we currently use dated "30 May 2005"
DLinkML-2M_DSL-502T_V2.00B01T01.ML.20050530_upgradeB05.exe.

So there wont be any advantage of upgrading to this version.
socrates have u updated your 502T with this version.

And which router r u currently using and in which mode??

You are right, that is the lastest ver. I have mentioned in some previous post that I had spoken to D-Link service center at Kalina & they had told me, it was the latest ver & there is no problem with their router, whatever is causing these problems is from the MTNL end, which has been confirmed to me by senior MTNL staff .:O. I think all these other stories (& there are many of them) are mere gossip or red herrings from some interested parties.

There can be an advantage in updating your modem firmware ONLY if its firmware is corrupted.
And no I have not updated my modem firmware as it is not corrupted,

@socratesAnd which router r u currently using and in which mode??:huh:And why doesn't the router page open up after few min. and some people say that the current DSl - 502T router firmware dated 30 May 2005 has expired, is it so.:huh:

@rohan. Router's firmware expiry is not an issue at all. I was previously using Dsl502T router and got it changed to a new one i.e. Utstarcom. I am still facing the same issue, router page doesn't open properly

@rohaan I am using D-Link 502T from Dec '05. I personally dont believe that story about firmware expiry & I use PPPoE mode. I am able to view the settings page from the 13th June' 09. I attribute it to enabling the firewall in the modem. post #450 in this thread. I have also mentioned in this thread that changing the modem may not work it didn't work for me (also mentioned somewhere in this post). Also I would request you to go thru this rather long thread as many of us have mentioned different things we have tried successfully/unsuccessfully to over come the problems from our side :)

After getting my line changed. Here's my latest speed
http://img13.imageshack.us/i/mtnllatest.jpg/

Update.... Got my line changed from exchange to bldg. Another line needs to be changed. By the time, my router UT300R2U still takes a bit of time to get my router page(192.168.1.1) opened. Same happened with my DSL502T modem. After having replaced, facing the same issue. Does any one have solution for this issue?My Internet explorer freezes whenever i open my router page for some time and then gets opened.

@socrates
How do i enable firewall in DSL-502T to access the modem page at will:huh:.
And enabling firewall wont affect torrent and download speed.:o
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8630/firewallk.jpg

Inorder to enable the firewall option. Go to WAN page and there you will get an option of enabling or disabling firewall. Save and reboot.

Back