MTNL Broadband: ADSL light on, but no internet connectivity

• Thread starter Thread starter aalaap
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 553
  • Views Views 97,895
@krish_88 How does work when the anti virus s/w is shut down?

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/pingat1217hrson18609.jpg/

Just called 1504 as i was getting dc every few mins, the lady tells me the usual 'pull out black power out of modem & put it back after 1 min'. :rofl:What I have found is 59.185.0.23 is down but the 203.94.227.70 is working. :hysterical::hysterical::@
This what I get today https://www.speedtest.net

@1545
https://www.speedtest.net

MTNL April 2009 problem is due to expiry of firmware for D-Link DSL 502t which has got a date stamp for expiry of 31 March 2009. D-Link is not bothered to come out with a updated firmware to overcome the issue. Possible we have to live with Bridge mode for ever so far we use D-Link DSL 502t. Due to expiry of the firmware the ADSL starts acting funny like frequent disconnections, blocking some popular sites, etc.:cool2:

Are you sure about this. Can you tell us this source of this info. Sounds quite unethical for them to do this & more shocking for MTNL to let them get away with it. If true then they are doing a Microsoft on us. :hysterical::O:O:@

Update 1618 hrs: Just stuck me then how come my D-Link DSL 502T modem is currently behaving itself, after about 11 weeks of 'April Problems'. Also it does not seem to effect ALL D-Link DSL 502T modem users? :O

This april problems seem to be never ending:wall:

----------

I just received a mail from MTNL's helpdesk. Here it is

"Dear MTNL subscriber,

Kindly note following simple instructions for better triband service.

1. Go to "Start" - > "Network Connections".
2. Right click on "Local Area Connection". Click on "Properties".
3. In "General" tab, select "Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)" and click on "Properties" button.
4. Select "Use following DNS servers addresses".
5. In the "Preferred DNS server" add IP address "59.185.0.23".
6. In the "Alternate DNS server" add IP address "203.94.227.70".
7. To add more DNS server, click on "Advanced" Tab.
8. In the "Advanced TCP/IP Settings", click on "DNS" tab, click on "Add" in "TCP/IP DNS Server" add IP address "59.185.0.50".
9. Repeat the procedure to add IP address "203.94.243.70".

Please ensure all the above four IP addresses of DNS servers in the LAN card of PCs or Laptops.

For more Information contact MTNL Mumbai Helpdesk on 1800 22 88 44 or email [email protected]."

MTNL Mumbai

Just got a e-mail from MTNL :

5. In the "Preferred DNS server" add IP address "59.185.0.23".
6. In the "Alternate DNS server" add IP address "203.94.227.70".
7. To add more DNS server, click on "Advanced" Tab.
8. In the "Advanced TCP/IP Settings", click on "DNS" tab, click on "Add" in "TCP/IP DNS Server" add IP address "59.185.0.50".
9. Repeat the procedure to add IP address "203.94.243.70".

Please ensure all the above four IP addresses of DNS servers in the LAN card of PCs or Laptops.

@krish_88 Yes I received it too, its nice of them to give this info. I only hope they post it on their Triband website. :) I wonder why they have woken up now to give us this gem. In four years of using Triband I knew of only two. Then the other two were given to me by DGM (Internet II) at Prabhadevi in the month of April '09, its posted somewhere in this thread. And at the same time graciously telling me 'O you can really any DNS servers' :yahoo:

59.185.0.23 - Delhi
59.185.0.50 - Delhi
203.94.243.70 - Delhi
203.94.227.70 - Mumbai
:whistle:

Best joke is since my modem is set to take the DNS settings from their server. I find these two entries.
Preferred Server 59.185.0.23
Alternate Server 59.185.0.50 :hysterical:

Mine after the same https://www.speedtest.net

But yesterday evening was awful, I tried to update my anti virus s/w (failed three times) when there was high latency (didn't notice it then :@), downloaded package was corrupted & today morning I had to reinstall the entire s/w & then update it, luckily it went thru today.:p

Are you sure about this. Can you tell us this source of this info. Sounds quite unethical for them to do this & more shocking for MTNL to let them get away with it. If true then they are doing a Microsoft on us. :hysterical::O:O:@

Update 1618 hrs: Just stuck me then how come my D-Link DSL 502T modem is currently behaving itself, after about 11 weeks of 'April Problems'. Also it does not seem to effect ALL D-Link DSL 502T modem users? :O

BTU I come to know from MTNL internal sources who deal in this technology. Almost all D-Link DSL 502t modems are affected and they start acting funny. Possibly you also must be not able to access admin page of ADSL after quite some time. For me also it works some time fine and some time funny. You cannot predit the functioning of expired firmware. Even MTNL discontinued all D-Link modems for future customers for this reason. You can even check with MTNL if they are supplying D-Link modems for their new connections.

Back