MTNL Triband Broadband Cannot open websites like hotmail and hi5 etc

• Thread starter Thread starter ayuboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 22,236
lets get rid of trial and error of moving in multiples this is the rule of thumb

1430 for 512 connection and below
1492 for 2 mbps connections

before setting these values do a reset on the modem/router and delete settings from ethernet card properties in windows then reboot.

----------

since u r on bridge mode it is better to set mtu values in windows(xp and below) by using dr tcp which essbee has given.. but if u r on pppoe on windowsxp then change settings in modem dont use dr tcp

if u r on windows vista and above then follow the procedure here http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/vistaMTU.htm besides changing the mtu value in router/modem.

u can try pppoe vc mux it worked for me. also u can try using PPPoE instead of bridge mode if some sites r not opening.. PPPoE vc mux+dhcp enabled+1430 or 1492 is best configuration as u dont need to configure anything on the computer ... just plug the cable and internet works.

Thanks a ton friend. MTNL people are really hopeless. They don't know and they don't bother to say that they did something wrong. I was disturbed fromlast 4 days due to this MTU problem. the moment i changed it to 1400 yahoo and hotmail started working

Back