MTNL Triband Broadband Cannot open websites like hotmail and hi5 etc

• Thread starter Thread starter ayuboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 22,236
MTU 1492 is reqed for PPPoE (ADSL) as 8 packets (out of 1500) are used by PPP protocol over TCPIP

hey thanx a lot!! i changed the MTU from 1500 to 1492 and now all sites are working... it was very surprising to see that microsoft.com wasnt opening on my ubuntu machine ;) was about to start a new thread when i saw this one... thanx!!

I have not seen an reply posts to this problem - I dont know. However faced with a similar problem, I was scanning the net and found the reply on Delhi mtnl site:
STEPS

My mtnl modem is T-KD-318-W and following the steps resolved my problem. I can now login to hotmail and windows update - which i was unable to .

STEPS

:thumbsup:Bravo, Bravo. I dont know how to thank you for specifying the MTU.You have been the messiah. I had spoken to each and every dept in MTNL and almost I now know every officer in Prabhadevi office in Mumbai.:wall: Seven Modems replaced (incredible achievement isnt it) but my destiny was here. Repped you

I had the same problem...could not open sites such as hotmail,cricinfo, icicibank etc. I have a MT-882 router. The solution is to log in to the router and change the MTU settings from the default 1500 to 1400. Works like a charm. I got the solution on this forum. No help from MTNL customer care. I wrote to them after I got a solution to add the solution to their knowledge base but no reply to that.

Dear User,
My name is sagar dange as System Admin for Shipping Co.
This is a problem your ADSL router Maximum Transmission Unit (MTU)SETTINGS
OPEN http://192.168.1.1/ - Router Admin page

Click
INTERFACE SETUP
Click
Internet
TCP MTU Option default 1500 change 1492

click save
save all
reboot your router & enjoy it

Bye
sagar
mobile 9323543702

guys ive got all these settings but live.com is not pinging.\ping live.com -t = request time out.everything else is working fine its only with live messenger and mail sign in the problem is there and also speedtest.net upload speed doesnt workedit: i found out that mail.live.com is not pingable!! also i fixed the upload part of speedtest.net problem and mail.live.com login problem by changing MTU to 1430 (best for 512 connection) and shifting from PPPoE LLC to PPPoE VC Mux encapsulation.

Where to check/set MTU for T-KD 318 EUI UT300R2U Modems? Also in Home->WAN->Bridge Mode-> Current Value is 1483 Bridged IP VC-MUX the other option in the Drop down is 1483 Bridged IP LLC what should I choose.

Back