MTNL Triband Broadband Cannot open websites like hotmail and hi5 etc

• Thread starter Thread starter ayuboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 22,236
@bhadrish
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
Glad to note this forum helped you in solving the problem.
Will appreciate if feedback is given about :which program/solution you tried.

Hi essbebe,

I had the same problem like specific sites like citibank, microsoft not opening. I changed the MTU from 1500 to 1400 and it worked - Saw another message about changing it to 0 but am happy with this working solution and dont wanna change it now!

To all people who are affected ... regardless of the modem

The website may be blocked from the ISPs side
1. Set MTU size from the router to 1500 to 1400
2. Change Preffered and Alternate DNS to 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 (These are global DNS servers regardless of your ISP)

This Solved for me atleast

Cheers

@essbeeSry da !! change from 1500 to 1400 :PI'm using 2 routersISP one : MTNL D-Link DSL and to get my WiFi working Netgear WGR614v5 I made the MTU changes to the netgear thingbut what really worked for me was changing the DNS things

everything works perfect in open Dns

Yes ,It does ,but my problem wasn't solved even after trying different DNS setting .It was only solved when I changed the MTU setting from 1492 to 1400.

hi,i m facing the same problem.few sites not opening.i am novice at issues relating to modem and routers.So coudn't understand most of what was said above.After reading above i downloaded 'dr.tacp' and put the MTU value as 1400.Still the sites are not opening.I am modem UT-300R2U.Don't know how to change DNS or to see router details.plsss help.

the Login Page site is not opening and giving a peculiar error message. And for those it concerns in Mumbai, MTNL just sent an email ehich states 'An activity related to BroadBand Network is planned at 0700 Hrs on 24/04/2008.
Due to this, there may be transient service interruption from 0700 Hrs on 24/04/2008 to 0800 Hrs on 24/04/2008 for some of the Triband users of Prabhadvi & Shivaji Park'

hi,
i m facing the same problem.few sites not opening.i am novice at issues relating to modem and routers.So coudn't understand most of what was said above.After reading above i downloaded 'dr.tacp' and put the MTU value as 1400.Still the sites are not opening.I am modem UT-300R2U.
Don't know how to change DNS or to see router details.
plsss help.

@vj007
I am not familiar with ur router (I use DSL 502T) regarding the MTU just have a look at my post above. U might have to experiment a bit. Hope this helps:)

Back