Nat and Port Forwarding Issue

• Thread starter Thread starter qvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 40
  • Views Views 2,012
Yes sir, tried everything still it shows dynamic "abts-north-dynamic" by the way after this in ip MY STATIC IP IS NOT LISTED, INSTEAD OF THIS SOME OTHER IP IS LISTED"abts-north-dynamic-204.XXX.XXX.X22.airtelbroadband.in"

that means, you are not on static IP at all

raise immediate complaint. and get your refund (if you're paying any charges.)

EDIT: Also ask them what is your exact IP on static IP and then match with ip you're getting on ipinfo.io
IF its not same, first fix it and then raise complaint for static ip refund as you never received this service.

sir, Haven't Paid a single penny yet :P...so i think i should call them and cancel it? and get some local isp for port forwarding and nat type?

so you're saying that your order for static ip never completed?
or you haven't applied for static ip?

Nono, I Applied for Static ip but for some reasons it was not allotted, then again after contacting them it was applied by the backend team although at that time my ont was not in bridge mode.... Still I haven't got the Ip bill......what to do? should i switch isp?

Changing ISP is your decision.
So you're saying, when backend team applied static IP, your connection was not in bridge mode and now you're using bridge mode.

So ask Airtel again, setup your static ip in bridge mode.

if my ont is in bridge mode then where will the backend set the static Ip??I have configured my gigabyte mi 4a router with static ip which was previously there in my ont....

according to vicky i dont have a static ip :P as ipinfo shows dynamic ip instead of static ip ..

its working from the day i was allotted but majority of the ports seemed to be close...

Call 121 and connect with backend and get more information about what exactly going on to your static IP or bridge mode settings.

Back