Need info about the Fivenet Network

• Thread starter Thread starter Vinay Hegde
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 28,635

Vinay Hegde

Hello everyone.I'm from Mumbai and currently using a MTNL internet connection with a speed of 320 Kbps.I've heard that Fivenet provides LAN services,specifically DC++ hubs which enable people to share all kinds of data from songs to movies etc.What I need to know is1)How to get a Fivenet connection in Mulund,Mumbai?I mean,whats the procedure for it?2)What are the installation and other charges and various plans for a Fivenet Connection?3)Is DC++ free in the plan and the plan what we subscribe for is the Internet usage plan?4)Is it necessary to have a plan of unlimited bandwidth to download continuously from DC++ or even a limited bandwidth plan is sufficient? Specifically,is the usage of DC counted in the bandwidth [for a limited net plan]?

Their website is Five Network Solution (India) Ltd
Next you call them and get answers to your other questions.
Those plans on their website are incomplete. There will be additional charges that vary from place to place.
Be aware that the service is provided through the local cablewala.

Their website is Five Network Solution (India) Ltd
Next you call them and get answers to your other questions.
Those plans on their website are incomplete. There will be additional charges that vary from place to place.
Be aware that the service is provided through the local cablewala.

Thank you for the info,sir.I tried calling their number but it wasnt responded to by anyone at the other end.I emailed them too but to no avail.The most important question that I have is,nobody in my society has a Fivenet connection or even a local cablewala's internet one.Will that be a hassle while getting a fivenet connection?

^ If your cablewala has a tieup with Fivenet or its distributor, there should be no problem. If there is no tieup then either the cablewala may be persuaded to go for it or he will refuse to do so as mine did because he thinks he profits more from the rubbish he is currently selling.Your best bet is to keep trying all the numbers they have on their site. I remember they used to have distributors listed for different areas. Check for your area.

Check in your area who provide Fivenet connections,they usually have a tie up with local cablewallahs here is the link Five Network Solutions India Ltd

This means I'll have to enquire at the area closest to my place from the list that you gave which in my case is Viraj Services,Mulund (W).Even if I get a connection from these people,the plan tariffs will be of FiveNetwork only,isnt it?
Anyways,I'll do that very soon and find out what is the required work that needs to be done to get a connection at my place.

Thanks for the info,again..::D

No the prices will be higher than what is shown on the Fivenet site,the local cablewallah will add extra.In my area the cable guy said he doesn't provide this plan :cry:,need to talk to the Fivenetwork guys.

@Vinay - as yogi said I had already mentioned it in my first reply itself. The local cablewalas are the real rogues in this. They will bleed you because they know this is a good plan.@yogi1771 - It was the same in my area but the cablewala refused to come to terms. Actually Fivenet does not deal with the cablewalas. They appoint distributors for each area and those distributors in turn negotiate with the cablewala. There is no control on the charges and it is left to the cablewala.My cablewala has some BS Value Online stuff and refuses to allow Rajnet to offer Fivenet even through him.

@Vinay - as yogi said I had already mentioned it in my first reply itself. The local cablewalas are the real rogues in this. They will bleed you because they know this is a good plan.
@yogi1771 - It was the same in my area but the cablewala refused to come to terms. Actually Fivenet does not deal with the cablewalas. They appoint distributors for each area and those distributors in turn negotiate with the cablewala. There is no control on the charges and it is left to the cablewala.
My cablewala has some BS Value Online stuff and refuses to allow Rajnet to offer Fivenet even through him.

@daddycool : the cablewala guy seems to be making a killing out of every connection that he gets.some way of robbing people,that..:(

i am a five net userbut i cannot connect to five net hub*** Connecting to 174.142.142.254...*** Connected This hub is running PtokaX DC Hub 0.4.1.2 (UpTime: 8 days, 20 hours, 47 minutes / Users: 904)*** Welcome to Popeye Hub powered by DiXBoT v2.1 Build 3015 (12.30.10)Private message from Popeye: *** A new Poll by [ OperaTor ] is running and you have not yet participated. Type [ !poll ] here or in mainchat to view the question. Sorry ashish11 your IP Address: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is not allowed in this hub. You are being kicked because: IP: [ 183.87.211.226 ] is out of rangei am getting the above errorplz help me

Back