New Promotional BSNL Broadband Plan BBG SPEED COMBO ULD 1091 CS70 Plan - 8 Mbps till 60 Gb

I'm in the Karnataka circle. I got my plan changed to this one in Sept end, active from the October cycle. I had told my uncle about it too, but he couldn't send in a request before the promotional period expired. But yesterday I learned that my uncle managed to get this plan enabled starting this month (November 2015), so I'm guessing they have or will extend the promotional period, or maybe the exchange guys just pulled in a favour, not sure.

Either way he's on the 1091 plan for sure, it says that's his existing plan in Self Care when he chooses the option to create a service request to change the broadband plan. So if anybody else missed it, it probably wouldn't hurt to rub some backs in your exchange, you might just get it enabled ;)

Would love to have this plan in other circles as well..

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Here is my 8 Mbps speed statistics
Looks like it's set at 2mbps. Your attenuation is quite high, even if they increase it to around 8mbps in their co/exchange, you don't get sufficient signal to support that rate. The SNR margin is just high enough to work without problems at your current rate. You must be quite far from their co, maybe 3 km?

4af209d71a74247260707ca651a99ac0.jpg

That's mine, and I'm about 800m from the co.

Last edited:
-- dead tinypic image removed --

Here is my 8 Mbps speed statistics

You have line issues. Call the line man and fix the line issues. You SNR margin downstream is 13 (12.9x10) and the upstream is just 6.0 (6x 10). Which is bad. For a stable connection it should be atleast 20:10. Once you fix the snr issue. Tell the exchange people to reset your Down\Up speed to 8 & 1 Mbps

@TJKV My house is around less than 1 Km away from the exchange.

@unenviable_moniker Hmm i need to pay a visit to BSNL exchange then...lets see..raising complaints didn't solve any issues..in the process of getting Airtel

@TJKV My house is around less than 1 Km away from the exchange.

@unenviable_moniker Hmm i need to pay a visit to BSNL exchange then...lets see..raising complaints didn't solve any issues..in the process of getting Airtel

Ah. What is the voice quality of the line like? Also first make sure the wiring and connections are proper at home. Things like connecting multiple landline handsets in different rooms to the same line, using old/faulty splitters/filters, and electrical interference on the telephone wire from other electronic devices affect the signal.

I had two landline handsets connected on different floors, and this caused the modem to drop the downstream margin to around 3-5dB every couple of hours, effectively rendering the connection useless until I either rebooted the modem or unplugged and replugged the phone line on the modem to resync. Sometimes picking up and putting down the phone that was not parallel with the modem would cause the modem to lose the connection entirely.

@TJKV, there is sometime noise in the landline sometime it is clear. But in both case my net is not working. And i have one landline connection and broadband connection. I am using splitter to split the connection into modem and landline. No wire interference is there.

Back