Nokia Lumia 920

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 235
  • Views Views 21,694
windows phone dont work for me atleast because its main display is so crowded and confined .................and its app drawer is shit :mellow:

Up till Android 4.0, it was not smooth at all and there was a lag while using the phone.After 4.0, it has really been good.After Installing Windows 8 on my desktop, I realised that without apps it was shit, u end up using a browser for everything. I realise the same on my tablet, which has few apps, I end up using a browser most of the time.Just for this reason highend Windows phone 8 devices are not worth the price. Add to that the close ecosystem and hardly any support from developer community.Having been working on C# for the past 9 years, am still not inclined to buy since I cannot install my own created test apps on my phone until I pay some money to MS. So even for testing, I need developer license :(

The only thing that prevents me from shifting to Windows Phone is the lack of quality apps. The best ones in the market treat Android like a step-child. They either don't release an Android version at all (like TweetBot or AlienBlue) or release one after iOS users are bored of it (like Stick Cricket, Instapaper). When such is the treatment given to Android, I doubt if any better will be given to Windows Phone. That said, it has a very refreshing U/I. I like how MS has rebranded Hotmail as Outlook - I actually find the latter better than Gmail.

The only thing I hate about WP8 is the inability to get rid of that abomination called Bing. I need Google search when I press the search button.Since Google are being douche regarding EAS on iOS and WP8, I simply switched to Outlook account on iOS. Best of both worlds.Shame that Lumia 920 is quite a looker.

Back