Pakistan has faster cheaper internet compared to India!

• Thread starter Thread starter Loner Tech
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 22,655
It's not hard maths people. There is a VERY good reason why countries like Japan, S.Korea, Denmark, Sweden and Finland have top notch internet with unlimited data caps and fast internet. Country is small, hence they can lay better quality cables like fibre or better copper cable and still keep the costs down.

Wonder why U.S never tops the list or is even in top 5 even after having the world's best economy? It's a BIG country.

India's area size is MUCH bigger than Pakistan. Only Wi-Max can help India with it's internet speed and data cap worries. Good pings and fast internet. Implementing DSL around India is just going to be waste of $$$$. Copper is OLD technology and the further you are from the exchange or a cabinet, slower the speeds get.
Precisely , the ten best countries in terms of connectivity are South Korea , Japan , Hong Kong , Romania , Switzerland , Sweden , Nederlands, Belgium , Norway and Slovakia . None of these are even half the size of India

but still corruption is a major factor and also unlike the USA we haven't yet reached a stage where Internet Connectivity or even anything related to it is an election issue , elections are still muddled with socio religious issues so no attention is paid to these

What wasnt surprising that countries with good broadband access also figured prominently in transparency international's less corrupt nations (Pakistan being an exception of course :P)

However we must take lessons from China in this regard , they have a larger country than us and more population still internet access is faster compared to us

:frown:but the website http://www.ptcl.com.pk/contentp.php?NID=47 is very similar to the etisalats official website www.etisalat.ae (uae national telecom company). they have cheated even the website.

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

but they have cheated the website design www.ptcl.com it ,s website is very similar to the website of etisalat www.eisalat.ae (leading telecom company in uae).poor pakistani people........

Haha, same template for home page :DDo we really know how reliable this PTCL is ?

i think in pakistan no of net users are less so isp are able tp provide sufficient amount of bandwidth to it,s less amount of users.

I wonder if they block youtube and orkut like etisalat does :confused:.

online sources reveal that pakistan has around 18 million web users. i think the number is comparable to india when we take the overall population into consideration.

Haha, same template for home page :D

Do we really know how reliable this PTCL is ?

Websites of most Indian ISPs suck. I don't care much about the template of websites as long as service is reliable and priced right.

Part of BSNL and MTNL's sites where one can check the usage is almost always down. So our ISPs are much worse.

Back