POLL: Did you get the NEW BHARAT FIBER PLANS? (30/100/200/300Mbps) - Comment the SSA below

• Thread starter Thread starter greghouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 8,119

Which circle did you see your plans in?

• Arunachal Pradesh AR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chhattisgarh CG

• Chandigarh UT CD

• Chennai CH

• Daman and Diu UT DD

• Dadra and Nagar Haveli UT DN

• Himachal Pradesh HP

• Lakshadweep UT LD

• Meghalaya ML

• Mizoram MZ

• Nagaland NL

• Odisha OR

• Punjab PB

• Sikkim SK

• Telangana TS

• Tripura TR

• UP West UW

• Total voters
What's the initial costs for new FTTH connection?
Although it's free from BSNL, LCO will charge from Rs. 3000 to 5000 depending upon the type of ONT/router and length of fibre required.

Try using select and quote feature instead of quoting whole post unless absolutely necessary
What's the initial costs for new FTTH connection?

Cross posting from another thread as I was investigating the same switch over:
Karnataka: BSNL Bharat Fiber New Plans (30/100/200/300mbps) | BSNL Bharat Fiber
Hi folks,

So I was planning to change to BSNL from ACT as my long term ACT plan expired last month.
I visited the local exchange to get information. Seems they have outsourced it to a third party agency.
Note this is in Bangalore.
The third party guy was available at the exchange. Talked to him.
Here are some points after discussing with him:

1] He had no idea about whether the new plans are available in Bangalore circle. Is anyone aware here? Has some one successfully shifted to new plans in Bangalore?

2] What is this valid till Dec and Jan detail in plans. Are these plans promotional? Does it mean the plan revert to some other plans after Dec 2020 or Jan 2021?

3] The third party reseller guy said he will provide an Alphion ONT. HE said the ONT cost is Rs 3000. Can I buy cheaper outside. I guess both Airtel and Jio provide it for free. I also found out that there is a rental plan available at Rs90 per month. I guess that should work out cheaper.

4] I checked with him if Bridge mode is supported as I had bought a new router recently and did not want that to go waste. HE was unaware. Does anyone here have the same ONT in bridge mode connected to their personal router?

5] So the initial buy in cost to change into BSNL would be:

If I buy ONT:
a] ONT: Rs 3000
b] Installation Charges: Rs 250
c] 1 Month security deposit: Rs 799
d] First month: 799 + GST 144: Rs 943
TOTAL: Rs 4992

If I rent ONT:
a] ONT Rent: 90 + GST 16: Rs 106
b] ONT Installation Deposit: Rs 500 + Installation Rs 250 : 750
c] 1 Month security deposit: Rs 799
d] First month: 799 + GST 144: Rs 943
TOTAL: Rs 2848

Given the high initial costs switch to BSNL will be costlier than to JIO / Airtel since they are providing most of the installation free for 3 months plus plans. Unfortunately both are not available in our area :(

PS: Any suggestions for ONT from open market?

So looks like switching over is currently a costlier proposition, more so if you have Airtel / Jio available in your areas

Last edited:
Although it's free from BSNL, LCO will charge from Rs. 3000 to 5000 depending upon the type of ONT/router and length of fibre required.
I got hold of the guy who has FTTH contract in my area. He quoted me 3.5k for ONT, 1-1.5k wire (fiber) charges since my home is a little far from the main road (150ft) and added installation costs. He said I could get the 450rs plan with 3.3 TB. And he didn't mention anything else.

honestly i wouldn't suggest bsnl. as i heard right now that jio will be launching in my location in a month.

3.5k router + free connection till home. + some 1st time service charges(unnotified to me about this but was charged in monthly bill)
Mine is on the rural side. Like 10kms away from the city. I don't think Jio's going to come here for a while. Its not even present in many popular areas inside the city.

Have option of local cable guy, but I don't trust them to give proper internet or service and he also quotes 4.5k initial costs anyway.

Cross posting from another thread as I was investigating the same switch over:
Karnataka: BSNL Bharat Fiber New Plans (30/100/200/300mbps) | BSNL Bharat Fiber

So looks like switching over is currently a costlier proposition, more so if you have Airtel / Jio available in your areas
Ohh the LCO did not mention the first month security deposit. This is really horrible.

Oh and he said BSNL doesn't give ONT rentals here because they don't have stock. I wanted that 100rs rental instead of outright paying so much.

This is turning out to be a really costly affair. I can manage with mobile data if I don't use OTT apps.

Unfortunately I don't have Jio or Airtel or ACT in my area.

Back