Pre-booked Reliance Jio AirFiber unofficially

ISP
FTTH: ACT x 1, Hathway x 2, Jio x 1
LTE: Jio x 2, Airtel x 1
Hey everyone,
I couldn't contain my excitement, so I was just surfing the internet about Jio AirFiber news and I was lucky enough to unofficially pre-book a connection on the Jio website even before it's officially launched šŸ˜ There are some plans under the tag 'AirFiber Max' but not much of a hype! The pricing seems to be similar to the wired Fiber plans though. Jio guys redacted the content in the official URL minutes after receiving my request / spotting some user activity I guess. :p:ROFLMAO:

Exclusive peak at Jio AirFiber Plans:

Source

Jio AirFiberMax Plans:

Source

Note: Pre-booking can be confirmed by paying Rs. 100. Installations begin from October 1st 2023.

I'd love to hear from others who also plan to pre-book it.

(recently edited to upload correct tweet URLs of respective plans)

Last edited:
I don't like the way they priced plans tbh

The pricing is along the expected lines. The installation too. A number of things can go wrong (in the long run) with this kind of setup. The pricing is likely to go up after a year. For telcos, 5G bandwidth is lot costlier than 4g or real fiber. With fiber, there is no separate bands / bandwidth to purchase. That's why BSNL still survives in the fiber space where the infrastructure was built decades ago.

@pothi I just hope they dont increase the price for 3-4 years. Also after looking at the plans I think thier goal is to onboard new customers in any mode be it through fiber or airfiber as they both possesing the same plan pricing.

@pothi looks like capturing the market is their end goal. maybe after a monopoly situation is formed. they gonna increase pricing like they are doing it for 4g. all the local cable operators gonna get finished in the next 2-3 years if airfiber gives fiber like experience.

True. Reliance keeps borrowing, probably for Jio. They can borrow even more till Airtel gives up. Only the future will tell. I too wish the pricing is kept affordable.

Looks like the only thing that went right was the early pre-booking. The plans were just a placeholder before the official reveal šŸ˜¶

Jio just unveiled the official plans for AirFiber & AirFiber Max:

Source

Back