Recommend a cordless phone

drmulchandani

Regular
ISP
MTNL Triband 999 Unlimited
Hey,This is after a long time and there is a very good reason for that. My triband connection was down for 4 days...and as usual the MTNL helpine was not helpful. I went to the MTNL bldg (luckily its 2 lanes away) and spoke to the guy in charge there. Surprise surprise...the "technician" was at my home that same evening. Unfortunately I wasn't...but my parents were and this is what he told them.:(:("You have to many cordless phones in the house". He then proceeded to disconnect the 2 cordless phones and apparently the internet started working?!?!?!:confused:He then proceeded to give advice saying the electrician should meet him and get the first access to the phone line to the modem and then the rest of the phones!:ashamed:Questions:-1.) I was using the same internet connection with the same phones for 6 months now... How come the problem suddenly?2.) Will putting splitters on each of my phone lines solve this problem?3.) Do I really need to do anything at all since I have now connected my cordless phones back and it still works?!!!!!!!:wall::wall:God help those who try for help from MTNL!:mad:

Click flipcart search above.
I would suggest older models say 900 MHz will have better range.
Base phone + handsetToshiba Ft8509 3.6 battery.
compared to
recent 2.4Ghz Panasonic Kx Tg2620B / KxTg2312 etc
Very slim Panasonic PQLV30029ZAW 2.4battery 2.4 Ghz and later models
and 5.8 GHz models ( I have this now Uniden )
Now combination is base(antenna+charger cradle for one handset. No intercom.
Out of touch with latest models with higher range( antenna caller Id/memory etc)

Upvote 0
well there are hardly any good cordless phones in the Indian market, Panasonic has the maximum number of models but nearly all the models are crap in terms of range.. the higher frequency (5.8 and 2.4 ghz) phones contrary to popular perception tend to have a lesser range unless the radio power is increased.

Upvote 0
Select only phones which use rechargeable AAA/AA batteries. Else after 1 or 2 years you will be searching for another phone!!

Upvote 0
I agree with the cyberwiz on the range issue, but then, apart from Panasonic there isn't much choice in the indian market. Sony made some pretty good cordless phones back in the day, I don't know if they still manufacture them. Solid range from what I remember.I must add though, panasonic cordless phones are durable, very much so. Mine took a dive down fourteen floors and was still working ;)

Upvote 0
use rechargeable AAA/AA batteries.
Old models AA batteries( rechargeable) usually soldered 3 usually comes as a sealed pack.
Latest models come with flat pack. Voltage 1.2 V each. ( Cost approx Rs 200 to Rs 400)
Substitution not possible. Even contact points are different.

As usual practice by U.S companies sell/give free Main unit cheap and charge more for accessories
We got FREE Blood Glucose Monitor but test trips cost $1 each! LANCETS ( needles) extra.!!

Upvote 0
well range is one of the most important aspects of a cordless phone..there is one Panasonic model i.e. KG-TG 6411 that i am using that has a pretty good range but it has certain niggles as well

1) doesnt have a base ringer
2) the caller ID takes 4-5 secs to appear
3) The ringer on the handset is inaudible if the phone is lying on a bed coz the speaker is at the back of the handset.

available for ~2300 bucks on ebay

PANASONIC KX-TG 6411 LONG RANGE CORDLESS PHONE CALER ID | eBay

Upvote 0
hy guys,i need to buy a cordless phone...and what i knw is that we dnt have much choice in indian market....so i have two companies model in mind.....ie BEETEL and Panasonic...my budget is arnd 2k....so what i shortlisted are..1 beetel x64 &2 panasonic kx-tg3611bx.. personally i like the beetel one but i heard some bad reviews about the beetel company.....tht beetel phones start showin problems after 6 to 8 months....does that true?? so i request you guys help me in gettin a good one.....since this is my first ever post on this page,hope to get lot of suggestions..thnks...:))

Upvote 0

Back