Reliance Broadband 1250 Thunder Plan in Gurgaon (4mbps unlimited)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 281
  • Views Views 33,195
Update:

I called the customer care again, they asked for my ip it wasnt similar to theirs. They asked me to wait another24hrs..

Long story short, Im getting the required speeds now(3.55mbps not 4 :shake:)

Finally works. Had to complain through all the routes to get the problem escalated. Eventually was able to get the local fucks to call me back. They had been ignoring my calls.

For 30 minutes they wanted me to check everything at my end. Check cable. Check splitter. Check wiring. Eventually they gave up. Told me that they would look into it.

Within 15 minutes it started working. Called them and they admitted that it was a problem from their server backend.

If only they can start doing the checks at their own end first. They kept on saying that all was well at their end yesterday.

worked well for 2 days. down now. i wonder how many days it would take to get back online again.

So the connection went down again few minutes ago. Called up the local guys. Got the latest excuse...

Apparently their local gateway is in the same building where Bharatiya Mahila Bank is opening a new branch. And some work is going on there. And people working there ends up disconnecting the power supply to their gateway. Reliance is trying to get a second meter installed to get permanent power supply to their own servers or something on that line. Amazing.

TouchWood etc. etc.

Looks like Reliance has finally solved the problems in my area. Took them a month to do so. But internet has been reliance for a couple of days now. Does not go down during power cuts. Does not go down randomly. There are some slowdowns during day time which gets annoying. There are also random issues with Twitter access. But overall, it's working fine right now.

I am trying to switch Reliance over to the Wireless Router at my place. The problem is that I have to reboot the router to get it working every couple of hours. What needs to be changed? It works perfectly with Airtel otherwise.

Clone your PC's MAC address to router.

Router should be set in Dynamic mode. Mostly its the MAC which could cause as issue like this.

If the problem still exists then assign DNS manually to router. (Copy the ones you see in automatic mode and write them down)

How does it stops working? I had a Asus router which caused stuff like this and I ended up replacing it.

Dunno. I set it up last night and it was working till morning. I went to sleep. Woke up to find that wireless is no longer working. Started computer. Saw that Reliance Gateway was not pinging from the PC (through the router). Restarted router and all started working.

Back