Reliance Jio Fiber STB picture quality issue.

DD News on Jio STB is at 4:3 ratio for me but DD News live stream on Youtube native app in TV is 16:9

Is there any option to change the aspect ratio for specific channels? Am i missing something?

@Shubham firstly aspect ratio is different for different form of broadcast. Apparently India still uses 4:3 for most of the standard definition broadcast. But live stream or content on YouTube directly comes from source to YouTube so the aspect ratio is 16:9 since all modern hd and software is 16:9 output but broadcast is still 4:3. Hence you get 4:3 in broadcast signal and 16:9 in HD and internet stream. So where do you watch dd news in jio? Also I believe YouTube dd is HD and jio is SD hence 4:3.

I am pretty sure DD news on DTH was 16:9 too even in SD iirc

You can find DD news in Jio TV+ under the News subheader.

On another note , since 2 days , I am experiencing buffering on live channels. Yesterday was so bad that none of the line channels were loading. Today they are loading but they buffer now and then for 3-5 seconds. Is everyone experiencing the same issue ?
yes facing this issue. Wonder why for those channels which are being streamed on Jio's internal fiber network.

I don't think they are being stream on Jio's internal network. They are streamed via OTT's server.

Edit: it still shouldn't buffer tho.

^ some channels are not available on OTT servers. They must be streamed by Jio only.

Back