Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day International Cricket

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 17,357
lol - From Page 2 of Cricinfo (satire)

R Rajkumar: Tendulkar forced to retire after failed apocalypse | Page 2 | ESPN Cricinfo

Tendulkar forced to consider retirement after failed apocalypse

Sources close to Sachin Tendulkar have revealed that the batsman had delayed his retirement because he wanted to see if the end of the world as prophesied by the Mayan calendar would come to pass after all. "Sachin had high hopes for the apocalypse," said a source. "He figured that if the world did end, he wouldn't have to retire."

As things transpired, however, the world didn't end, forcing Tendulkar to consider his place in the game yet again. The disappointed legend duly announced his retirement from ODIs on December 23, two days after the scheduled apocalypse.

What rubbish article. since when does cricinfo started published faking news articles

What rubbish article. since when does cricinfo started published faking news articles

Its been there for more than 3-4 years now :| & this are put in a separate section, so I see no harm.

Since the question was on going last week. Just another example from today of people announcing retirement from first class cricket.

India Cricket News: Sanjay Bangar retires from first-class cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Also on a separate note, Bangar is one of the few players I admire, because of the effort he put at various times in spite of his limited capabilities. Unlike so many others who waste their abundant talents.

Yep. I too saw him playing quite a few times, and he used to put in efforts. I remember the Test match in England in 2002 series, which we won. He made a simple 60 odd, that got over-shadowed by the centuries from the middle order guys. But that 60 odd, to me was much more than those centuries.....coz the score came in trying conditions, facing the chin music from English pacers. Had it not been for that effort, the middle order wud have been exposed early to the ball that did a lot of talking.

Me and my uncle was watching the leeds test and my Uncle said, looks like this fella could play 500 balls for his 25 runs. But as said, he was playing with bowlers having their tails up, typical leeds conditions, gloomy and dark and I reckon the pitch was damp cos of the rain and Bangar applied himself beautifully. Another one of those talents lost. So frustrating to see someone like Rohit Sharma, even after being given so much opportunities continues to fail. And thanks to this IPL bullshit, they don't have to worry about their career being ruined and all.

Back