Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day International Cricket

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 17,357
And someone like rohit sharma is given 86 ODI's (still counting) unabated run. only to make him play that stupid rotational policy came into effect in CB series.

Yeah, even he mentions that knock of 60-odd as the best innings of his career.

And also this was his best effort in batting in ODIs

4th ODI: India v West Indies at Ahmedabad, Nov 15, 2002 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Yep. When Yuvi got out, and then even Kaif, we thought that the firepower was gone, and no one was left who can save the match, since RD we all knew cud not up the ante as much. But this guy came in as a surprise.....especially when he had the reputation of the England Test match innings - a bowler torturing innings!

Old article regarding the struggles to be a Railways player

Wisden - The amazing story of the runaway train

For a 17-year-old boy from Orissa, 1994 was a very tough year. His daily routine involved waking before sunrise and travelling 15 kilometres by bus from Cuttack to work on the railway at the small town of Kandarpur. Hardly any trains stop in this forgotten corner of eastern India, but someone still had to walk six kilometres along the line, oil the tracks, check for faults and climb dangerous heights to check the wiring.

The boy would return home limp and sapped. But nothing could stop him from spending the rest of the day trying to master the routine he loved best - picking up a cricket ball, hopping in from an angular run-up and ripping off-breaks. These were Kulamani Parida's struggles as a Class IV employee in his first two years of working for the Indian Railways.

I think Sachin Tendulkar never wanted to retire from one day!!!What he said was "I will retire one day" and BCCI interpreted it as "I will retire from One Day" (From FB)

Dekh liya sachin ke retire hone ka nateeza.. Lol.. 85 run se haar gaye. :p

देख लिया............ अब तो दुख ही नहीं होता....... न ही सचिन तेंदुलकर फेल होगा और न ही कोई दुख :thumbup:

MSD's love affair with Rohit Sharma and Ravindra Jadeja baffles me. I seriously hope he either steps down as the ODI captain or grow a pair. Only he could have made a player like Rahane sit out.

A major overhaul of our team is required.But still MSD is the best ODI batsman we have now. He might not be gud in T20 and tests but he is really gud in ODIs.

Back