Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day International Cricket

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 17,357
for me it appears to be more of a diversionary technique from delhi protest (now everyone knows sachin is congress aligned)I seriously question his timing of this announcement. He could have made himself unavailable and announced retirement later rather than this diversion from delhi rape protest.

He should have been in the parliament debating in the winter session rather than playing in the test series.

Lol what sort of mind we Indians have is just pathetic. Thats why world dont respect us.Not happy even after his announcement. Carry on.. For me.. End Of watching Cricket.

Takes me back to the 90s when I would switch off the tv set when he got out. One of the greatest Indian sportsmen. Glad we will see him in Tests, still.

Definitely a great loss! Ah where do i start.. The inning at Auckland, the hundred against Kenya right after his father's demise actually it takes a lot of heart and compassion to do something like that even if you are a sportsman. The Sand Storm inning, which is one of the best ever I witnessed til date, and also the one in the finals, and the inning against Pakistan, his first hundred in Australia against Australia was special and also I reckon he scored 91 at Brisbane and we went on to win the CB series, the 175 against Australia was really special and we handed the game to Oz on a silver platter. yes #Rodeoz almost 90% of the people would do the same once he gets out. The greatest player ever that the generation would witness and miss! A half a goodbye Sachin!

Manu dont u feel the way Ashwin is bowling that he needs to be kicked so hard that either he bowls well or then gets dropped ?? So who are the other choices for off spinner in this country ?? I feel Harbhajan is still no 1 and capable of bowling better than Ashwin .. However, this is going to be the epic Sachin thread ..

Fact is - no one is jus willing to perform. Be it Ashwin, or Harbhajan, or Chawla, or any damn Indian Player. They play to their will. People were talking so much of Rahane - he has committed suicides in both his innings. If they were genuine wicket taking deliveries, u cud have understood, but no. These were genuine suicides. U dont want such players at any level, in any form of the game.

Takes me back to the 90s when I would switch off the tv set when he got out. One of the greatest Indian sportsmen. Glad we will see him in Tests, still.

When he doesnt perform, he is abused, and then when he retires, people say "Its sad, end of watching cricket". I dont understand the logic here - anyways he wasnt performing, what exactly u guys were watching in the past few matches? His lethargic innings, where he wud walk in, labour to a few runs & then fall to a nonsense sort of delivery?

Definitely a great loss! Ah where do i start.. The inning at Auckland, the hundred against Kenya right after his father's demise actually it takes a lot of heart and compassion to do something like that even if you are a sportsman. The Sand Storm inning, which is one of the best ever I witnessed til date, and also the one in the finals, and the inning against Pakistan, his first hundred in Australia against Australia was special and also I reckon he scored 91 at Brisbane and we went on to win the CB series, the 175 against Australia was really special and we handed the game to Oz on a silver platter. yes #Rodeoz almost 90% of the people would do the same once he gets out. The greatest player ever that the generation would witness and miss! A half a goodbye Sachin!

I hope that was reference to 2 different innings! :p :D

When he doesnt perform, he is abused, and then when he retires, people say "Its sad, end of watching cricket". I dont understand the logic here - anyways he wasnt performing, what exactly u guys were watching in the past few matches? His lethargic innings, where he wud walk in, labour to a few runs & then fall to a nonsense sort of delivery?

I think that was what Oz fans said when Ponting retired as well? But they never said end of watching cricket and all that. And also in the case of Dravid and Laxman? And yes you got me! :D

Lol what sort of mind we Indians have is just pathetic. Thats why world dont respect us.

Not happy even after his announcement. Carry on..

For me.. End Of watching Cricket.
announcement of what?? retirement?? from which cricket?? test cricket where he is struggling , or 20-20 where he is minting money and sticking for the sake of it ?? :D

You don't understand the logic because you don't read the comments. What part of what I have written translates to anything you stated above?

He was still blocking the way of guys like Rahane and others. With Sehwag's form dipping significantly, the younger guys have much better chance to cement their place.Yes he should have retired from test cricket as well but since Australia's bowling looks bleak he may want to boss them around. Or is there any record that he is nearing? :D Ah, what the hell, i'm hating him myself! :D

Back