Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day International Cricket

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 187
  • Views Views 17,357
Well, he hasn't really played too many ODIs since he made the double hundred in Feb 2010 except for the World Cup 2011. I always thought he should have retired from ODIs after the World Cup and just concentrate on playing test cricket for a few years. As a matter of fact, he missed most of the matches between then and now and he didn't do well in the few matches he did play. I guess after the world cup, he didn't expect such a reversal of form and fortune for himself and for India. Oh well, he did manage to score his 100th international century in a ODI.Congratulations on a memorable ODI career. I have fond memories of countless innings including his first innings as an opening batsman in 1994. I have never seen anything quite like that before. While Srikanth, Greatbatch before him and Jayasuriya, Sehwag and many others later have utilized the fielding restrictions in the first 15 overs (called power play now) of a ODI innings, imo Tendulkar was the first player to show how to consistently do it. I even remember like today, a 16 year old Tendulkar hitting 3 or 4 sixes off an Abdul Qadir over in an ODI match on his first tour to Pakistan in 1989. Qadir had verbally taunted him before the beginning of that over. I think it was an exhibition match but the match was shown live.I hope he can regain his form quickly and play test cricket for an year or two before hanging up his boots for good. I don't know why he isn't playing in the Ranji match this week.

announcement of what?? retirement?? from which cricket?? test cricket where he is struggling , or 20-20 where he is minting money and sticking for the sake of it ?? :D

What do you want? He should commit suicide ?

What do you want? He should commit suicide ?

why do u think i may not have been his great fan ever...............i used to stop watching match once he used to get out as well

he needed to either play well or leave cricket in good way ..................and yes now he is a forced mp too.........perform his duties there as well and let youngster take cricket further .

because he is not capable of it anymore for a couple of years now?

i would love if he demands a free Ferrari with life time free petrol for it(in return)..............and bcci should immediately provide him as well :-l

after sometime when new company endorse him for another brand he should sell the ferrari to someone else and he will again get some new sports car for free again..........as a goodwill gesture and its import duty will obviously be paid by the company itself

You don't understand the logic because you don't read the comments. What part of what I have written translates to anything you stated above?

Well, u still want to see him in tests, dont u? I certainly dont want him. If u go in some of the older threads, u will find a totally contradicting opinion from me. But not any more - i change my opinion based on changes in the original situation - which formed the very base of that opinion.

He is a great player but should have retired from Tests as well..

Yeah, I dont see the point of continuing in Tests. He is failing miserably in those as well, and if he retires after Aus series, we will be going with more untested players to tour of SAfrica. Frankly, I am now reduced to hoping that the team will be able to draw a couple of games, forget winning.

Well, u still want to see him in tests, dont u? I certainly dont want him. If u go in some of the older threads, u will find a totally contradicting opinion from me. But not any more - i change my opinion based on changes in the original situation - which formed the very base of that opinion.

Yes, I do want to see him play Test Cricket. What "logic" is difficult to understand here?

Yes, I do want to see him play Test Cricket. What "logic" is difficult to understand here?
good luck

Back