• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 49,604

s.ricky

regulars
ISP
broadband
m planning to buy a android powered phone. which one should i buy? Samsung Galaxy 3(i5800 / i5801) or LG Optimus One P500 ??out of both which one is better in terms of:1. performance2. battery life 3. resolution 4. audio quality during call.5. the network signal strength etc...any1 using either of them please give ur reviews.

Galaxy 3 hands down....better touch interface with less of system hanging problems....

audio during call is amazingly clear...the screen resolution is ones u'd get in xperia x10 n others of that segment...(i am using xperia x10 as well)battery life...is ok ok...with activated features such as wi-fi n gps...its eats up battery a little faster...but all in all its ok1 month i've been using it....no probs yet!range of android applications and user friendly characteristics make it a worthful buy

thanks the replies,.... Galaxy 3 has 256mb ram and optimus one has 512mb ram.. so performance wise LG will be better???and i have heard dat battery life of galaxy is not good.. is it true?? i mean some people say dat battery drains very fast ie from 50% to 0but on other hand optimus one hav some serious hang problem...it hangs on 8gb memory card. so should i go for galaxy 3????

LG optimus one is a better specification phone so of course, it is expected to have better performance.

samsung on the other hand is more popular.

i would personally suggest going for optimus one as it comes with 2.2 preloaded. it is not clear when Galaxy 3 would get android 2.2 update.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

as for battery life... android devices have terrible battery life. if you compare it to the iPhone. of course, if you are upgrading from dumbphones, you are going to be shocked at how much battery the display consumes.

i have to put my nexus one on the charging dock pretty much all the time.

LG optimus one is a better specification phone so of course, it is expected to have better performance.

samsung on the other hand is more popular.

i would personally suggest going for optimus one as it comes with 2.2 preloaded. it is not clear when Galaxy 3 would get android 2.2 update.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

as for battery life... android devices have terrible battery life. if you compare it to the iPhone. of course, if you are upgrading from dumbphones, you are going to be shocked at how much battery the display consumes.

i have to put my nexus one on the charging dock pretty much all the time.

samsung is good in terms of service...currently i have samsung corby and on heavy usage battery lasts for 2 days...
few months ago i dropped it and it started to hang and some times restarted also, so i went to the service center and they replaced the board and gave me the handset in just 3 days...
hmm i dont know how is the after sales service of LG... so i will not take risk
some one on gsmarena said that optimus has some problem with calls... other person is not able to hear properly..dont know if its a mic problem or wat.

but lg has better specs and it will also get android 2.3 update... so its a plus point for optimus

hehe. you cannot compare corby with Galaxy series. both are totally different genre of phones!

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Sone Ericcson Xperia X8 also has similar features and specs .

Sony has made a mess with android upgrades. most of their phones were/are stuck with android 1.6.

and they just recently released android 2.0/2.1 update for some of these devices. android 2.3? i doubt they have even started thinking about it.

though things might change in the future. sony is working on an android 3 based playstation branded phone. so they just might start releasing android updates for their previous models.

hehe yea m not comparing corby with Galaxy... loli was jst telling u abt my currnt phone.. :Pi will do some more search on both models...and then will decide which one to buy...

Back