Samsung galaxy 3 (i5800 / i5801) vs LG Optimus One P500

• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 49,604
righto.

btw, if you are looking for a better smartphone and can live without android, samsung wave is another series that you can look at. of course, it does not have the extensive app store.

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

HTC Wildfire is another Android model that fits in that price range. a friend of mine owns it and is already running Android 2.3 on it (unofficial build).

Optimus one is probably the best mid range Android phone available right now . Galaxy 3 and HTC Wildfire both have pitiable resolutions (240*400 and 240*320) . I wouldnt recommend either of them

From the Comparison page:

The Internal Memory of Optimus ONE can be a problem as only 170MB of ROM is available to user compared to 512MB in Galaxy 3..

Also the Bluetooth is supposed to be 3.0.???Compared to 2.1 for LG Optimus One

But the Camera quality in Optimus is good as it can record at 18FPS while Galaxy does it as 15FPS..

other specs of the Optimus One like Network connectivity are good as it can support 7.2Mbps..

Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

170 MB user available ROM , 512 MB RAM for LG Optimums One and 512 MB Rom and 256 Ram for Galaxy 3..I guess that will have an impact on the speed of the phone and if you add 600Mhz Processor..It becomes further slower..And also in LG Optimus one...You don't have a front cam for video calls...

From the Comparison page:

The Internal Memory of Optimus ONE can be a problem as only 170MB of ROM is available to user compared to 512MB in Galaxy 3..

Also the Bluetooth is supposed to be 3.0.???Compared to 2.1 for LG Optimus One

But the Camera quality in Optimus is good as it can record at 18FPS while Galaxy does it as 15FPS..

other specs of the Optimus One like Network connectivity are good as it can support 7.2Mbps..

Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo vs. LG Optimus One P500 - GSMArena.com

the indian version of galaxy 3 comes with bluetooth 2.1...

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

170 MB user available ROM , 512 MB RAM for LG Optimums One and 512 MB Rom and 256 Ram for Galaxy 3..

I guess that will have an impact on the speed of the phone and if you add 600Mhz Processor..It becomes further slower..

And also in LG Optimus one...You don't have a front cam for video calls...

as in android 2.2 we can install apps on sd card so it will not affect the speed...moreover 465mb ram (approx.) user available ram is present in LG O1 as compared to 170mb in G3
yea both lg and samsung dont have front cam.. :P

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

hmm so there is no multi touch input in lg O1 ???

even nexus one does not have a front facing camera. majority of android devices does not feature one. because android lacks a native video calling application. google was expected to add one in 2.3 they did not. you still require a third party app for video calling (like skype or fringe).

I'm using Samsung Galaxy 3 since the last two months without any major issues. But there are some problems with this handset which I would like to point out. Hope Samsung is listening to this and will fix all these in the next firmware upgrade, which they have promised to release it soon (from their official twitter account):1. Phone is a big laggy when we open Messaging and Phone.2. Battery life is not that good. It will last only a day if u keep ur GPRS/EDGE connection alive. It seems there is a bug in the firmware becoz of which the battery goes down from 50% to 0% faster.3. No option to switch off Data connection. Though we can use an app called APNDroid to switch it off.4. GPS takes a long time to get a fix, sometimes more than 10 mins. There is an app called GPSOpt, which fixes this issue. But u will have to run it everytime after switching on the GPS.5. Samsung is very slow in releasing firmware upgrades. Their Galaxy S series got the froyo update this month, while Gingerbread is already out. No ETA yet for a Froyo update for Galaxy 3. There are leaked froyo firmwares available in the internet, but I don't recommend it as it may be buggy. Better wait for official update.6. USSD codes doesnt work when Mobile Tracker is on. (U wont be able to check account balance after dialing numbers like *111# etc).7. U will have to use their Touchwiz UI which is very childish. There should be an option to switch between Touchwiz UI and Native Android UI.8. Camera quality is just OK while using it indoors becoz of the lack of flash. Outdoor pictures are pretty good though.

I am using Galaxy3 since 15 days, its best budget android phone one can get in 11.5KBattery life on most android phones is like Galaxy3 only, I think galaxy3 backup is decent, but depends on how much wifi/gprs/bluetooth you use.Is there any option in LG Optimus to turn off the APN, i don't think so.Most android phones needs you to use a memory optimizer and task manager to close bag round running application and recover more working RAM.GPS works fine for me and doesn't takes 10 mins to lock as in your case, get your handset checked or compare with any other similar phone.I would prefer suggesting Galaxy 3 as I feel its decently priced.

Back