Samsung galaxy 3 (i5800 / i5801) vs LG Optimus One P500

• Thread starter Thread starter s.ricky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 96
  • Views Views 49,604
i use Quick Settings ~ Android Application v1.9.8 p2 By Sergej Shafarenka | Productivity for the same on my phone. very useful and powerful app.

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 AM ----------

Most android phones needs you to use a memory optimizer and task manager to close bag round running application and recover more working RAM.

in general, you would need to do that on almost all phones. because when you move out of an app, it is not closed and you end up with multiple apps running in the background.

android developers however does not suggest using a task manager to kill apps. android is supposed to kill apps in the background automatically. apps that have not been used for a long time and are eating up too many resources.

of course i use a task killer and have a shortcut on my home screen. one click kills a lot of apps freeing up ram.

^^ yes i agree, most people don't use the android phone the android way, they feel clicking back/REd or cancel button will do the job, this may work on Nokia 2626 but not on android :-)I use 2 applications to speed up, downloaded from market "Advanced Task Killer v1.93" its simple interface i like itsecondly "memory booster lite v2.5" it recovers hell lot of ram and phone feels like juiced up.waiting for foryo to come up officially on galaxy3, haven't installed much apps till now.

yeap. i use Advanced Task Killer myself here. you can install any apps you want. android upgrades are safe. at least the official ones. i have had terrible experiences trying to upgrade wife's ipod touch using itunes.

I am using Galaxy3 since 15 days, its best budget android phone one can get in 11.5K

Battery life on most android phones is like Galaxy3 only, I think galaxy3 backup is decent, but depends on how much wifi/gprs/bluetooth you use.

Is there any option in LG Optimus to turn off the APN, i don't think so.

Most android phones needs you to use a memory optimizer and task manager to close bag round running application and recover more working RAM.

GPS works fine for me and doesn't takes 10 mins to lock as in your case, get your handset checked or compare with any other similar phone.

I would prefer suggesting Galaxy 3 as I feel its decently priced.

There is a GPS bug in Samsung Galaxy 3, many users have already reported this problem and they use GPSOpt to fix this issue.

Benchmarks :[higher score is better]LG Optimus one Benchmark resultsTotal graphics score: 235.39777Total cpu score: 232.64512Total memory score: 193.34158Total file system: 60.60898Galaxy 3 Benchmark results i5801Total graphics score: 26.69 (WTH!!!)Total cpu score: 205.36Total memory score: 348.15Total file system: 39.95

are these ur own stats?? if no then whats the source?

Sone Ericcson Xperia X8 also has similar features and specs .

I like SE phones. Can I buy SE Xperia X8?
Pros & Cons?

holy cow. stay away from Sony android phones. they just got android 2.1. and god knows when they will get android 2.2 or even android 2.3.

I like SE phones. Can I buy SE Xperia X8?
Pros & Cons?

if you like the default 1.6(2.1 has come out for X8 I think) - then you can buy it. it looks cool and light weight too(battery replaceable too comparing to the X10 Mini).

but you would soon realize that most apps on the android market would require 2.1 or 2.2 so the phone would be pretty much a liability when it comes to third party apps.

Back