Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,996
Yeah i know. Even my 7.2 MP camera pic, doesnt perfectly justify the resolution of my TV! :P A little zooming in, and it starts pixelating gradually. 5 MP wud be lesser than 7.2 MP for sure.

mp has nothing to do with the image quality. you can have a 20mp image with crappy quality which would suck compared to a 5mp pic with much better quality. in the end the quality of the sensor matters. not the resolution. if you really want to take photos only to view it on a HD quality television screen, i guess you would have to wait for a couple of years for them to become comparable to DSLRs. a high quality 5mp picture would be big enough for prints and sharing on email/web. which is what they are more likely to be used for.

MP doesn't really matter TBH, Optical zoom is what matters as in case of camera's.And about the prime,Son, I'm disappointed.

I dont know much about that Sensor thing seriously. I was aware of it, as i had read it some months back, but dont know exactly what defines a good sensor.Anyways, thats not the topic of this thread! Overall, it didnt seem like worth the wait, and most probably some higher price too.In fact with the launch of this phone, v might see some dip in the price of SGS 2. :Hope never dies:

people never google before getting into a debate on most forums . thats why instead of quality of lens ,cell phone manufacturers type MP in bold in their ads . first time i saw the term megapixel , i searched for its meaning . isn't curiosity on of the most defining quality of human beings ? i can bet nearly 80% or more of cell phone users ever use pictures that require camera which is more than 3.2 MP .

The original nexus one was exactly identical to the htc desire. nexus S was slightly different from Galaxy S. Compared to them, this is quite a departure from galaxy S II. Why are people so disappointed? Google never intends their phones to be mass sellers. its primary purpose is to showcase their OS.the price, however would be very high i feel. There is no way Samsung will let google sell it at galaxy SII's price, otherwise it will cannabalize its sales.

MP actually matters only if u want printout. That too if u want large printout.For passport size photo, even 2MP camera is sufficient. Infact the way human eye works, u can even get good quality A6 size printouts with 2MP image.Only thing u need is sharpness/clarity of camera and capture.Plus people shud never fall for digital zoom, optical zoom is wat matters. Digital zoom is equivalent to cropping and scaling nothing else.

Minor clarification:A Full HD Screen is 2MP
standard CRT's are 0.3MP
"HD Ready" is 1MP

----------

Yeah i know. Even my 7.2 MP camera pic, doesnt perfectly justify the resolution of my TV! :P A little zooming in, and it starts pixelating gradually. 5 MP wud be lesser than 7.2 MP for sure.

LOL, compare the image from say, a 5MP N79 and a "10MP chinese webcam"

I'm comparing extremes here, but just want to show the extreme difference

----------

Any idea about the optics though, and if it has autofocus or not?

@ Akash.....But then, comparison here wud be between a Canon model of 2008, and a Google/Samsung Phone. I dont think its as drastic as the comparison u showed! :PI dont blindly go for MP count. But on similar grounds, MP has to be compared. When i say similar grounds, i mean SGS 2, and SGN. I intended only that comparison.@ Manu.....Disappointed in the sense that its not worth waiting for it. Who knows when it will be launched IN INDIA, at WHAT PRICE........earlier, with the hype around it, these factors were given lesser importance. But with the specs out, these factors have got good weightage.

The original nexus one was exactly identical to the htc desire. nexus S was slightly different from Galaxy S. Compared to them, this is quite a departure from galaxy S II. Why are people so disappointed? Google never intends their phones to be mass sellers. its primary purpose is to showcase their OS.

the price, however would be very high i feel. There is no way Samsung will let google sell it at galaxy SII's price, otherwise it will cannabalize its sales.

i am expecting it to be priced at similar levels to N1 and NS ie around USD 570 for the unlocked unsubsidized edition. would continue the trend. and would not hurt the subsidized edition of S2 in the US market.

Back