• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,996
Android 4.0 Ice Cream
4.65-inch HD Super AMOLED Screen with 720p resolution
1.2GHz dual-core processor
Redsigned UI in Android 4.0
Improved multi-tasking, notifications, Wi-Fi hotspot, NF support, full web browsing
Android 4.0 features Software Navigation buttons – brand new
People App with Google+ Integration among other features
Redesigned camera with panorama mode, 1080p video, zero-shutter lag, silly faces and background replacement features
Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone! BOOM that just happened.
Android Beam uses NFC to easily share content with other Android users with the bump of phones
PURE GOOGLE EXPERIENCE
All the Google Apps you love from Android Market and GMail to Movie Studio and redesigned Google+ app
8.94mm thick, 4.29mm bezel
LTE and HSPA+ connectivity
Available in USA, Europe, and Asia beginning in November and then rolled out globally

these are the confirmed specifications as per the documentation handled to the people attending the event.

Face Unlock: Facial recognition to unlock your phone! BOOM that just happened.

So, this wasnt available till now, even as an app? If not, then the feature looks really interesting 1. Mobile thieves wud find it tough if they steal the phone. May be they wud need to take a snap of mine & place it in front of the phone, to unlock it.

But, that brings me to another question. Will the phone be able to recognise the structural & apparent facial changes that everyone undergoes with age?

Ok, so its more of a dynamic feature. Not something like Finger-print, where u save an impression of it, and then if ur fingerprint undergoes drastic changes, then u wud have to spend, to get hat thing unlocked.

facial recognition is a popular feature on desktops. it is not a big deal that it would work just fine on a smartphone. phones have enough processing power.

----------

and if anyone of you have used the face recognition feature of picasa you would know that google does a pretty impressive job of connecting the dots.

I havent used that feature of Picasa. But the feature in Phone looks an interesting deal. And if there are no means to tamper with it, then stealing this cell will be fruitless.

Watched the event today, impressed with the phone and the OS though I feel the UI of ICS could have been better.

UI is all fine. They have improved it massively. The problem remains the apps. People app is fine but still no unified messaging app. I am sort of sad right now but this is the best there is :)

UI is all fine. They have improved it massively. The problem remains the apps. People app is fine but still no unified messaging app. I am sort of sad right now but this is the best there is :)

Actually I should have used the word 'graphical interface'. I did not like the on screen button and some of the icons appeared to be from the LOGO generation. But because it is Android, there should be a theme to sort that out.

Liked the data usage feature. Also the inbuilt panorama feature in the camera. You won't have to buy an app to click panaromic pics. I believe the camera app does not have Facebook and twitter integration? Or did they choose to focus on google
+ during the presentation?

Back