Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,999
images taken by 5 Mp cam at highest resolution mostly .
conclusion: It depends upon light but a 5 Mp image can be as good as crappy 20 MP camera... please click the link to see the whole album...

THE ALBUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F_ke3rxopc&feature=uploademailgoogle has an open interface which lets any app to connect to the central engine. so you can share pictures/webpages/anysupportedsharablecontent to ANY network as long as it supports it. flickr support was missing because flickr had no official android app for years. but it was launched just a couple of days ago so you can upload photos to flickr too now. facebook and twitter have supported integration since day one. :) you just need to have their respective apps installed.

i am expecting it to be priced at similar levels to N1 and NS ie around USD 570 for the unlocked unsubsidized edition. would continue the trend. and would not hurt the subsidized edition of S2 in the US market.
I doubt it. Purely because of the screen quality and big step up in processor. N1 to NS was a much smaller (hardware wise) upgrade as compared to NS to NP. Specs wise, it seems comparable to the Galaxy Note whose price is expected to be ~900$.

has the price been revealed though? not seeing the webcast thingie.

But there are deeper changes. Matias tells me that starting with Android 4.0, users can uninstall any application they like, such as the native browser or email client — and that seems to go for carrier software as well.

Exclusive: Matias Duarte on the philosophy of Android, and an in-depth look at Ice Cream Sandwich | This is my next...

This looks good. If it works out as stated here.

Pricing and launch dates have not been revealed.

The simple fact is that this is not a Google phone. It is a Samsung phone. Nexus brand is now polluted. I am even considering ditching SGN and going for Moto Razr.

Moto is always the dark horse in race. So is LG ( on the way of becoming dark horse) . Problem with moto is they dont release best things here along with no service station almost in India. LG is one good option these days

i hope you know that google is just weeks away from acquiring motorola mobility. that literally changes everything at motorola. i have a feeling that Galaxy prime was sort of a gift from google to samsung for staying cool with their motorola deal.

well you have been saying that, but there no subtle or exagarreted hint by Motorola other than releasing two puny phones in Indian market, that they willmake a splash once google takes them over. I see no one taking Motorola franchise, In fact 2 weeks ago THE MOBILE STORE people were telling me MOTOROLA India is almost finished..

Android 4.0 adds support for additional media types and containers to give developers access to the formats they need. For high-quality compressed images, the media framework adds support for WebP content. For video, the framework now supports streaming VP8 content. For streaming multimedia, the framework supports HTTP Live streaming protocol version 3 and encoding of ADTS-contained AAC content. Additionally, developers can now use Matroska containers for Vorbis and VP8 content.

This was not revealed during the presentation. Android 4.0 Platform Highlights | Android Developers is full of more good stuff.

Matias Duarte has said it right, The new ICS will be the Actual revampement of ANdroid as we know it. But with tabs and many other Phone we are stuck with HOneycomb, I hope to get it over with ASAP...

Back