Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 51,010
S2 and Note would get priority of course. But still. Do not see any reason why Galaxy S should not get it. Especially because Nexus S would get it in the coming weeks.

Is there anything such as vanilla installation (without any customization), Like as we can update our pc's with almost any OS which supports our pc's chip architecture? Why can't we have similar architecture for mobile phones, where in we can install any update by our self without have to be on the mercy of device manufacturers?

i bought Galaxy Note yesterday. i was looking to choose between Razr and note. finally razr went out of game since its Pen tile display was awkward and not sharp at all. S2 was not in race as 3 people out 5 in my office have it. now coming to Note, it was a safe choice as ICS upgrade is announced and display is DAMN Bright and Stylus utility is superb

how easy is it to hold while making calls :|how do you plan to carry it in your pocket!

known fact that razr has a pretty crappy display. pentile technology.

same is the problem with Galaxy nexus.

Motorola Droid RAZR review | The Verge

While the RAZR is the first device to ever ship with a 4.3-inch qHD 960 x 540 Super AMOLED display, it’s not quite the achievement Motorola made it out to be at launch. First, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus features a higher-resolution 720p HD Super AMOLED display, and second, the RAZR’s screen looks pretty bad. Super AMOLED panels use the inferior PenTile pixel arrangement, and the RAZR’s 256dpi pixel density doesn’t hide it — in fact, it seems to make it worse. Not only are individual pixels readily apparent, but text looks jaggy, there’s red fringing around vertical lines, and images seem to de-res when scrolling in the browser.

Compared to Motorola’s excellent qHD LCD displays in devices like the Bionic and Droid X2 and Apple’s industry-leading iPhone 4 / 4S Retina Display, the RAZR is a major disappointment — and that’s before even taking into account AMOLED’s inherent love-it-or-hate-it hypersaturation and consistent off-axis blue color shift.

According to Motorola, choosing Super AMOLED helped make the RAZR thinner — AMOLED displays don’t need external backlights like traditional LCD displays. It’s just unfortunate Motorola had to sacrifice display quality as well.

More: A closer look at the Droid RAZR's screen | The Verge Forums

As you can see, the RAZR's display just doesn't look as nice as the others. I can see how you'd miss it at first glance because it's nicely bright and super-saturated like other AMOLED screens, but over time the lack of detail and green color cast would get extremely tiring, especially on a super-premium $300 device. As beautiful as the RAZR's hardware is, I'd definitely have rather have a slightly thicker phone with a nicer screen.

when i decided to buy device of this size, i also made mind to buy plantronics VoyagerPro+ headset. does not plan to use phone earpiece. it is logically not possible to carry this device in pocket and not advice as well. this is not going to be my primary device, i already have 7 handsets. so would remain in my drawer at home

Back