Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 51,014
Well i read a few posts from Sushubh & Gautam that they are (maybe "were") actually waiting for this phone. After the specs were released, v all had concluded that except for ICS, there was nothing much new in SGN! It wasnt worth the wait at all. If it was being offered at a price of S2, or may b just a tad higher than that, then still it was a decent deal.

So, what have u ppl decided on this? Which phone now? All said & done, if i was there in ur place, i wud go for the Note.

Note is too big to fit in the pocket.

If SGN is above 30k - i will probably go for S2 else i will upgrade to SGN

ok. another update. a bad one. latest insider information? Rs. 39K for the Galaxy Nexus in India. Samsung has gone nuts. Apple can be blamed partially for the madness.

Apple can be blamed partially for the madness.

And how do you come on this conclusion ?

People blaming apple for apple products being expensive is acceptable but people saying "that Samsung phone is expensive because of apple" is dumb.

Because Apple has enabled samsung to price the Galaxy nexus so high by pricing the base model of iPhone 4s at what? Rs. 45K. If iPhone 4S was priced at 35-40K, there was no way in hell Samsung would have matched its pricing.

So you mean to say Samsung doesn't do any calculation on cost of production neither do they conduct any supply demand analysis at various price points, nor do they estimate some expected profits. According to you they just price their devices to undercut the pricing of the apples.

S2 is doing extremely well. Galaxy Nexus can be offered at a premium for a couple of months easily. And then they also have the Note in between. In any case, I am just posting here what I hear from my sources. Fact is... Galaxy Nexus should not cost more than Galaxy Note because Note probably has more expensive components. But at this point of time, Nexus is likely to be priced above Note.Also should add here. My source said that even the distributors are pissed off at these pricing that they are hearing from the company representatives. But nothing is confirmed unless invoices are cut and deliveries are made.

So you mean to say Samsung doesn't do any calculation on cost of production

Considering they priced the Galaxy Tab at 38K when launched & within a year they were selling (how many is a big question) .... at 24/25 .... My opinion is No , they do not !

Theres something like Competitors' pricing as well, apart from the Demand/Supply & COP calculations. If they see that a phone which has similar specs, is priced so high just for its name, then they (Samsung) can easily price it at a "Safe distance" from that astronomical price, & still make high profits.And as regards what Sabir has mentioned, well thats the trend of Electronic items! Thats the trend of Tech! Today its priced high, year later it wud be around half of that & 2-3 years down the line, still lower may be.In these kind of products, the target is to recover fixed costs at the initial stages itself - no rocket science this! :)

If anyone is planning to get this. Hold on for a while!

'Quirky' volume control bug grips Galaxy Nexus

A report by XDA Developers confirms that a very 'quirky' bug has been affecting the volume controls of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus smartphone. The bug in the smartphone has been causing the volume levels of the smartphone to fluctuate, more than often, reduce. A little 'investigation' into it revealed that each time the smartphone encounters a radio interference, i.e. each time it transmits 2G or GSM 900, either from a device in the vicinity or itself, the volume controls on the smartphone take a beating. A demo of this in the video below, make the situation quite clear -

https://youtube.com/watch?v=y_mO_K7OYR0&feature=player_embedded

From the above video, it gets clear that the affected phone's in the bootloader mode and bringing it in contact with another smartphone was causing it to behave abruptly. The 'SAV Ghost' or 'Volume Bug' as it is being referred to as grips a smartphone when the affected device is kept close to another phone transmitting on 2G and GSM 900 (900Mhz). So, the problem essentially lies in the smartphone's hardware, and if you have one, then the device is faulty.

Reportedly, Samsung U.K users seem to be the ones massively hit by the bug. But, then again, we're not sure if all of them have this defect. Also, there is no confirmation if Samsung is indeed working towards fixing this, soon.

Source : Tech2

i do not think indian market uses the 900Mhz spectrum. in any case, the indian version is expected to be different than the version sold in the UK market.

Back