Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hRuQfN6e3MMlooks like nothing is secret anymore. here is the boot animation.

Any updates on its launch, and possible arrival in India?

ok you are getting excited for no good reason. there are definitely reports that google could have launched nexus prime as a verizon exclusive. but this was to last for days or weeks and not months. a gsm model was mandatory to target the international market. so it was to come anyways. i guess another reason for the postpone of the launch was that they might have decided to launch the gsm and cdma edition together. the thing is that nexus prime is unlikely to be a world phone as the iPhone 4s is. iphone 4s comes with both gsm and cdma chipsets. nexus prime is likely to have different models for the two technologies.

Ah, i dint knew as to when the GSM model wud come. I thought it might come a few months after the Verizon specific model. So i felt this came as a bonus.

nexus one and nexus s had unlocked gsm versions at launch. it is only rumored that the nexus prime would be a verizon exclusive. nothing concrete. the brand is known for being unlocked though google later on launches subsidized editions too for people who do not want to pay a full price and are happy with a contract. it would still be weird if nexus prime does not get an unlocked gsm edition for sale on day one. considering this is the model i have been purchasing for the last two years.

Thats great. If this phone arrives in India in around 15 days after that, i wud wait for it. Now i am looking for this kind of update from Google/Samsung.

well nexus prime is likely to feature better specifications and would have android 4 at launch... if it is priced just above S2 what's wrong. :Pthe only problem is that NS might not arrive in india soon enough. though samsung might bring this soon enough. nexus one was never launched in india. a crappier version of nexus s was launched (super lcd) after a couple of months. the original edition was also on sale at rather bad pricing on some stores.

Back