Samsung Galaxy Nexus Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 521
  • Views Views 50,992
well they are under a lot of pressure wrt patent related lawsuits. google is involved in a lawsuit filed by oracle. other manufacturers are facing their own individual lawsuits.

----------

but it makes little sense that patent lawsuits are resulting in the delay in the launch of the nexus prime. they had announced the launch date pretty recently and i do not think any major new lawsuit has been filed in that period except one targeting motorola mobility.

oh of course. samsung is > motorola/se when it comes to android devices. htc is the only company that is comparable. and between samsung and htc... you buy a samsung for performance and htc for build quality.

@Jaymin are you waiting for Nexus Prime? I thot u r buying Samsung Galaxy S II

Actually i m doing both, out of financial compulsion, and eagerness to buy a properly functioning phone. I m waiting for my pay to be released hopefully by the end of this month, and buy a phone. Now it all depends on the availability of NP at the time i get my pay. If NP is in India even by mid-November, i wud think of buying it, over SGS 2. If not, i am going ahead with SGS 2.

well nexus prime is likely to feature better specifications and would have android 4 at launch... if it is priced just above S2 what's wrong. :P

the only problem is that NS might not arrive in india soon enough. though samsung might bring this soon enough. nexus one was never launched in india. a crappier version of nexus s was launched (super lcd) after a couple of months. the original edition was also on sale at rather bad pricing on some stores.

Ah well, SGS 2 is fairly below 30k these days. So if this is just around 30k, i wud be tempted towards it. I surely wont mind paying more than SGS 2 for this phone. Thats obvious!

Some rumours floating around that its going to called "Galaxy Nexus" - Personally feel "Nexus Prime" should be fine as Galaxy branding is more associated with Samsung than Google

^ Yeah, definitely. "Galaxy Nexus" sounds a little fruity. "Nexus Prime" is more badass (and they should get the Optimus Prime voice for the voice features).

Back