Should I buy more RAM for my Desktop?

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 6,614
The "Desktop" I have is from 2004/05, but I have done so much changes (upgrades/repair-replacements) that I doubt if more than 20-25% of what I got originally is still there (I am including keyboard/mouse/printer-scanner , everything). So, in one way it would be unfair to say its from 2004.

neh. i am too nice of a guy to get annoyed by that. :|

did u get internals free, as it was his mistake????:lol:

ohh man, i wish i had money , and the pc itself is only 1.5 years old......:peaceful:

Only 1.5 years old? Then why did you get a old motherboard :|

My pc is 3 years exact in another 3 days :P

My friends who bought PC just 4-5 months after me bought motherboards supporting DDR3 ram and now they have 13GB ram and run latest games and am stuck here with this costly DDR2 ram

Thought abt upgrading graphic card but was advised to change motherboard and so dad veto'ed the idea

Only 1.5 years old? Then why did you get a old motherboard :|

Where did I say I got an old motherboard?

It's all brand new man :p

I have i5 with 8GB RAM... Hardly saw my system using more than 4GB....

Its about the usage. for normal usage (read games before 2008 with mid settings , checking mails, browsing and watching videos movies ) my pc does it well with 3gb ram. But for playing high end games and running stock market software and programs like photoshop and solidworks. . more the ram , faster the performance

Where did I say I got an old motherboard?

It's all brand new man :p
But it supports only DDR2 ram :\ Damn why didnt buy a motherboard that supports DDR3 ram >:P

@toocool What pre historic version of windows are you using? :P

@Toocool, Blame this post for his confusion :D (No offence xyx)

You probably have ddr2 ram , better off selling the pc & getting a new pc assembled with ddr3 ram, ddr3 costs half the price of ddr2 & any new entry level cheap processor will be easily 5 times faster than your current cpu.

If you dont want to buy a new pc then upgrading ram to 4gb will surely give you very noticeable difference in performance , freezing & other issues could also be due to your hdd , install hdtune & check if SMART is ok .

Back