Should I buy more RAM for my Desktop?

• Thread starter Thread starter Toocool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 89
  • Views Views 6,614
one confusion.........what about freeze and lags which occur without ram usage??? on my windows 7 i have not got a truck load of apps.:stop:

one confusion.........what about freeze and lags which occur without ram usage??? on my windows 7 i have not got a truck load of apps.:stop:
Well my lappy which has factory installed windows 7 had this problem of freezing for 2 seconds every time an operation is carried out and had these lags which were irritating.

So got fed up and cleaned the whole drive and installed my own copy of windows and downloaded the drivers from Acer website and installed it. Its working without a hitch from then on.

https://imgur.com/NTJ9Z

this is me doing nothing productive on the computer. :)

This Much Memory should not be consumed for normal Computing. There must be some Rogue application running in the background and hogging the Memory.

i have 4 GB DDR3 and running 8 tabs Each in both chrome and firefox Plus simultaneously running a Full 1080P movie of 8 GB with 2-3 apps open and AV running in the background. Then also Physical Memory is 49 %.

4 GB DDR3 with a Modern Processor is more than sufficient unless one is into serious gaming @ Max settings or Doing Graphic Intensive Work Like PhotoShop Etc

I have 12 GB DDR3 Ram , 1Ghz Graphics card.Even in idle mode I find it taking around 2 GB which seems to be normal. Will post the screenshot once at home!I guess the applications have become more memory intensive now a days!

the Applications should be optimized for 64 bit in order to take advantage of the excess Ram Above 4 Gb.Not all applications are optimized for it.

Well my lappy which has factory installed windows 7 had this problem of freezing for 2 seconds every time an operation is carried out and had these lags which were irritating.

So got fed up and cleaned the whole drive and installed my own copy of windows and downloaded the drivers from Acer website and installed it. Its working without a hitch from then on.

well as its an assembled pc, windows are installed by me.

what other problemo u can think of??

My PC system freezes now and then for a few seconds especially while playing a movie. The player itself closes and then this window appears on the screen. Anyone had this kind of issue?

Realtek Audio Manager is a Mess. It Always Pops out and give this Idiotic Message, even if the instruction in it is complied with.Just uninstall the audio Manager. It Makes no Difference in sound quality.Same issue i was facing in OLD MOBO also, in 6 Yrs they have not changed the interface of the software neither fixed Bugs, They only Update the Version

This Much Memory should not be consumed for normal Computing. There must be some Rogue application running in the background and hogging the Memory.

i have 4 GB DDR3 and running 8 tabs Each in both chrome and firefox Plus simultaneously running a Full 1080P movie of 8 GB with 2-3 apps open and AV running in the background. Then also Physical Memory is 49 %.

4 GB DDR3 with a Modern Processor is more than sufficient unless one is into serious gaming @ Max settings or Doing Graphic Intensive Work Like PhotoShop Etc

just wanted to say something obvious here. applications today tend to consume more RAM if it is available. so same apps would consume more RAM on a 8GB machine compared to a 2GB machine. it just gives them more resources to work at a optimal rate. that is how it is. if you have more RAM why not get the apps to make use of it?

Back