Slow Speed and High Ping Problems on Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband

1. I have JioFiber connection for last several months and I am on Diamond plan of 500mbps. Had to take this plan otherwise upload speed is really terrible with 10% cap. Anyone knows whether Jio is planning to change this 10% capping of upload speed?
2. Anyone tried using a better quality router? The Blue Dual band router that I have has terrible range. Tried range extender but it does not work so well for 2.4Ghz band. Tried high speed router as a repeater for 5Ghz band and that too reduces the speed to less 20% of the planned download speed.
3. My router has constantly blinking Green light. Internet works still. Any idea why?

1. No one knows
2. Use ethernet cable between your ONT and your extender.
3. If your internet is up, leave it doing whatever it is doing.

Use an access point rather than a range extender. I have a Amplifi HD mesh system hooked up to ONT which has wifi disabled and I get the full speeds and better range. I'll have to agree with the above on the third point, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

1. If you receive a feedback call, raise this issue with them I haven't received any call yet. I raised this issue via PGPortal they called and told this policy is valid as per DoT guidelines or something like that. Only if large number of people raise this issue, they will change it otherwise it will be the same.
2. Range extenders are shit, Period. Use Ethernet cable to your other router.
3. It blinks sometimes for me, even though the internet is still working as it is in another room, I ignore it easily. just let it be.

@Shubham, Never received a feedback call. Always received a link to provide feedback on ticket raised. That too after they close the ticket without even visiting or talking to me. I dont think Jio even cares to look at feedback, even in social media. Sent several twits but Jio is the only one does not care. Signed a change org petition on upload speed.

I raised this issue via PGPortal they called and told this policy is valid as per DoT guidelines or something like that.
@Shubham: Did you get that in writing and if so, can you quote their exact response please? Would love to ask them to either point us to these supposed guidelines, or stop lying through their teeth and tell us where in the service agreement it was stated that upload speeds would be capped at such abysmal levels.

Use an access point rather than a range extender. I have a Amplifi HD mesh system hooked up to ONT which has wifi disabled and I get the full speeds and better range. I'll have to agree with the above on the third point, if it ain't broke don't fix it.
@Sammy - quick question since I am planning to get a mesh wifi router and satelites. Once you connect the router to Jio router after turning jio routers WAN off, does the speed reduce much at the new router? How much is the speed drop? For example I get 350mbps by connecting over a LAN cable to the ONT. What do you think will be the drop if I connect to a mesh router through LAN cable and the mesh router is connected to the ONT through Ethernet cable? Appreciate your feedback.

I haven’t seen any speed drops on my 250mbps connection. The only shitty part about the lack of bridge mode is that I lose a few QoS settings on my AMPLIFI due to setting it on AP mode but other than that it works as intended. Both over LAN straight from the Jio gateway to my pc and via WiFi through my router, I’ve noticed speeds bursting upto 900mbps now and then on fast.com

Also, yes. My (mesh) router aka the base router is connected via a CAT7 to the Jio gateway

Back