Slow Speed and High Ping Problems on Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband

But not everybody is going to do ICMP everytime (unlike speedtest :p) except when needed to see where latency is going wild and others ISP who don't have latest and greatest like Jio still allows it .

Regarding security, i don't know much but rarely i've seen big security news due to ICMP flaws.

I am talking about traceroute hops. They weren't blocking before.

Now they are hiding three hops which had high ping and still my ping is high and hops are now hidden.

Hello all, I'm on 199INR weekly plan and I have been facing this strange speed issue which I have also shared w/ Jio Fiber customer care, but they are unable to resolve it and it's been all copy/paste emails back and forth.

Actually the thing is most of the times I get slow download speed around ( 2.5 to 3 MB/sec) whether I download from Google Drive, Mega or even torrents fully seeded. In fact downloading YouTube video via IDM also gives the same less speed. I have also checked with test files from here and gets the same slow speed, but once in a while when the speed is okay I get 10 - 14 MB/sec on all the above mentioned websites and software.

Now, this 10-14 MB/sec speed comes at any time of the day, I mean, there's not a particular time of the day or I don't do anything special when I get this speed, it's all hit and trial or luck.

So, guys is there a way to fix this and the get speed as per the plan I opted for?

Thank you.

SPEEDTEST IMAGES:

Downloaded something via Private Tracker and got full speed whereas on the other hand everywhere else speed is shit.
Screenshot_1.png

Edit: Speedtest images are added

Last edited:
You are talking about download speed (MB/sec) ??? or speed test done in websites (Mbps)

Do speed test in speedtest.net from local and international servers & fast.com and post results here.

So others can help

Last edited:
I am also facing the same issue as you are. Where do you live though?

Currently,
On Fast.com, I get 96 Mbps D/L speed. 8 U/L speed. Latency - 9ms (Whitefield Server). I reside in Bangalore btw.
ON Speedtest.
(Chennai server). Ping 7ms, 96 Mbps D/L, 8.86 Mbps U/L.
(Singapore). Ping 41ms, 95 Mbps D/L, 9.5 Mbps U/L

Let us know what ur speed results are ?

Currently,
On Fast.com, I get 96 Mbps D/L speed. 8 U/L speed. Latency - 9ms (Whitefield Server). I reside in Bangalore btw.
ON Speedtest.
(Chennai server). Ping 7ms, 96 Mbps D/L, 8.86 Mbps U/L.
(Singapore). Ping 41ms, 95 Mbps D/L, 9.5 Mbps U/L

Let us know what ur speed results are ?
Posted mate!

Back