Star Cricket HD showing promos in between overs :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratyush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 13,074
thanks ajuravi for the data: so basically we are talking bout 300k to 3.8mill customers(we are considering only Sky here. mind competition also exists). That is a huge difference. It therefore is obvious that 3.8mil customers each paying higher subscription (than our 300k customers paying lower sub charges) are getting better "ad-free" broadcasts as compared to India.

----------

@gaurang: I agree to your argument. We can only hope they dont stoop to such levels and maintain the kind of quality we have come to expect of ESS over the years.

Now come on we all know for a fact that even if these channels charge Rs 500 for one channel for 1 month sorry to say that are such hungry dogs that you will still see ads .. basically they dont value how Indians like to see things. these channels are just interested in making money and more money and will stoop to the lowest grade for that ... Neo calls themselves no 1 sports channel ill say my foot they are No 1 from behind ... Its high time Indian Public wakes up and does something about this else things will only get worse with time .. we saw limited ads till 2007 until that crap IPL came along and started showing ads inbetween deleveries and soon all the channels also joined in ..

What bugged me most during the T 20 on HD was that they showed no replay of wickets and soon cut to the ad .. and what scares me is that the ad was just of their own channel . I shrudder to think what happens when they will rope in 20 sponsors for 1 series .. Just think !!!!!!!

@rajivkrishnan
300K to 400K is for Dish TV projection given by their CEO for March 2012....there are other service providers such as TS, D2H, Airtel, Big TV & Sun Direct...some of the other Dish TV service provider provide better HD service and HD channels than dish TV....again i am telling the article of indian customer base is based on 18/2/2011 projection...now the market is heating up in india..people are no longer buying the normal TV they buying atleast HD ready TV's....LEt be wrong i am very much confident that Indian HD customer will match UK customer base with a maximum of 1 year....

----------

Now come on we all know for a fact that even if these channels charge Rs 500 for one channel for 1 month sorry to say that are such hungry dogs that you will still see ads .. basically they dont value how Indians like to see things. these channels are just interested in making money and more money and will stoop to the lowest grade for that ... Neo calls themselves no 1 sports channel ill say my foot they are No 1 from behind ... Its high time Indian Public wakes up and does something about this else things will only get worse with time .. we saw limited ads till 2007 until that crap IPL came along and started showing ads inbetween deleveries and soon all the channels also joined in ..

What bugged me most during the T 20 was that they showed no replay of wickets and soon cut to the ad .. and what scares me is that the ad was just of their own channel . I shrudder to think what happens when they will rope in 20 sponsors for 1 series .. Just think !!!!!!!

Now a days its better to watch MAtches in DD which is much better than Sports Channels except the commentary...

@gaurang: I dont agree with your theory. I cant see reason why they will keep costs high and be providing a niche service while still not listening to the customers. It is just because they know that people wont buy such costly products is why we are getting such cheap crappy service as compared to the west

@gaurang: I dont agree with your theory. I cant see reason why they will keep costs high and be providing a niche service while still not listening to the customers. It is just because they know that people wont buy such costly products is why we are getting such cheap crappy service as compared to the west

I once saw on tv where one channel guy said that ads free cricket cant continue for long on hd ( this was after the WC ) .. he also said that they are forced to show ads for the reasons u stated ( which i dont beleive totally ) and said that there should be a system like Australia where if a subscriber wants ads free cricket he has to pay more ... i dont think this system will work here in India cause people because of their stingy nature will not shell out more for ads free and these channels know that in India no one does anything so continue to blast the subscriber with ads .. But i still stand by what i said that even if these channels charge a high amount they will still show ads as it fetches them more funds and thats all they are interested in ... Do u remember how ten cricket showed Ind SA series with ads on the side of the wicketkeeper , plus ads re sizing screen , plus ads inbetween overs .. Now please tell me are the costs so high for the channel that they needed to show so many ads ?? During IPL we see all of the above ads plus commentators muttering out " thats a karbon kamal catch , thats a rupa banyan four ???

Not to do with broadcast - But in IPL - The jerseys had 7-8 logos & we had Maxx strategic timeouts & what nots.. If Modi was still there, for sure he would have even introduced Udann Chapp Umbrella timeouts during rain.

@ Rajiv.....

I think u cant mix SD channels contained in Base Pack, with HD Addons.

We are already being bombarded with nonsense ads in all SD channels, so their costs will be low. We are talking about HD channels.

A - 12GBP
B - 10.25GBP
C - 2 channels

Please do explain who pays more.

And i still didnt understand this thing. How just "2" channels? Do u know the HD pack itself has 50 channels apart from the base pack? Dont bring in any calculations just to prove ur point.

And its not just ads - they dont even show us pre match discussion, Toss, Pitch report, Lunch time talks, post match analysis, nothing. Whereas, all these stuff is still there in SD.

Do u xpect me to pay premium, just for viewing:

(+) Better picture,

(-) Pre match discussion,
(-) Toss
(-) Pitch report
(-) Lunch time talk
(-) Post match analysis

What utility did Rs 44pm add to my sports viewing, after i subscribed to this channel?

U give me reasons why a Sports lover shud subscribe to these type of feeds.

Even EPG is not correct. I recorded the last 10 overs of T20 match but recording completed at 17th over only.

I think that can be tolerated, as the channel people cant predict the exact time for completion of an innings! A T20 scheduled for 3 hours, but it may extend ahead, depending upon how the match is played.

@ Rajiv.....

I think u cant mix SD channels contained in Base Pack, with HD Addons.

We are already being bombarded with nonsense ads in all SD channels, so their costs will be low. We are talking about HD channels.

And i still didnt understand this thing. How just "2" channels? Do u know the HD pack itself has 50 channels apart from the base pack? Dont bring in any calculations just to prove ur point.

And its not just ads - they dont even show us pre match discussion, Toss, Pitch report, Lunch time talks, post match analysis, nothing. Whereas, all these stuff is still there in SD.

Do u xpect me to pay premium, just for viewing:

(+) Better picture,

(-) Pre match discussion,
(-) Toss
(-) Pitch report
(-) Lunch time talk
(-) Post match analysis

What utility did Rs 44pm add to my sports viewing, after i subscribed to this channel?

U give me reasons why a Sports lover shud subscribe to these type of feeds.

Mate i think you did not get the idea. The Sky site clearly states that first you subscribe to the SD feed(12GBP for ESPN and ESPN America) and then you upgrade to the HD feed(10.25GBP for 50 channels upgraded to HD Feed provided you are running the SD subscription for that channel. Please note the double star). So effectively you are paying 22.25GBP for HD feed of 2 channels. Please read through again. I am NOT bringing hypothetical calculations in just to prove my point. I respect your being dejected to see ads after you spend a hefty amount and I am on your side with that. Also with the pre and post match shows should be there. No denying that too. I am just trying to say that I can only crib to an extent. If a feed is showing ads, I cant sit and crib about such a trivial issue.

----------

Even EPG is not correct. I recorded the last 10 overs of T20 match but recording completed at 17th over only.

Dude what DTH are you using? In TS u do have an option of setting to record x minutes before the start time and x after the end. By default this is zero but it is in your control

----------

I once saw on tv where one channel guy said that ads free cricket cant continue for long on hd ( this was after the WC ) .. he also said that they are forced to show ads for the reasons u stated ( which i dont beleive totally ) and said that there should be a system like Australia where if a subscriber wants ads free cricket he has to pay more ... i dont think this system will work here in India cause people because of their stingy nature will not shell out more for ads free and these channels know that in India no one does anything so continue to blast the subscriber with ads .. But i still stand by what i said that even if these channels charge a high amount they will still show ads as it fetches them more funds and thats all they are interested in ... Do u remember how ten cricket showed Ind SA series with ads on the side of the wicketkeeper , plus ads re sizing screen , plus ads inbetween overs .. Now please tell me are the costs so high for the channel that they needed to show so many ads ?? During IPL we see all of the above ads plus commentators muttering out " thats a karbon kamal catch , thats a rupa banyan four ???
So you are trying hard to have your cake and eat it too. And moreover have you given the HD broadcasters who get a premium already a go at it? It is the thin line concept again. SD broadcasts have breached it and you folks are getting worked up with history. Why are you pre-empting things for god's sake?

Dude what DTH are you using? In TS u do have an option of setting to record x minutes before the start time and x after the end. By default this is zero but it is in your control

----------

This is the problem....when ever we are recording any live events or even the programs...if it is getting extended then final part of the does not get recorded...in order to avoid that we have to start and stop recording buffer in the setting a 10 mins + and -....also it would be safer if we are desperate about the program its better the record next program too....

Back