Star Cricket HD showing promos in between overs :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratyush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 13,074
Difference sir? Are you trying to imply that SD and HD broadcasts have no difference except this ad factor?

And as I clearly state I am NOT happy with ads either but am making do instead of cribbing about the way broadcaster is trying to promote more people to jump onto buying Star Cricket HD. Maybe if he gets enough customers on board for the Champions League they may do away with this. The boycott idea doesnt seem to appeal to me is all I say.

Except picture clarity what difference will remain in SD and HD if they infest ads ???

oh no no no... I am not getting into that discussion (differences between SD and HD). It will be more like hijacking the thread. I suggest you read about the differences between the SD and HD technologies on the internet and get clarifications. Wiki would be a good starter.

oh no no no... I am not getting into that discussion (differences between SD and HD). It will be more like hijacking the thread. I suggest you read about the differences between the SD and HD technologies on the internet and get clarifications. Wiki would be a good starter.

not needed .. as a layman just seeing difference in quality is enough for me i need not get into detailed differences .. my main argument is keep HD viewing clean by limited ads ...

yeah well thats what Ive been doing on this thread... countering that very argument isnt it. Well the broadcasters are well within their rights to show ads on their channel is all I am saying. One can advertise their product wherever they want. This is the broadcasters conscious judgement to find out how to promote their product best. And if customers like us start nitpicking or so to say nipping the product in the bud, you wont have any product to advertise people. I for one would not go back to SD stuff for reasons as trivial as seeing a promotional during the broadcasts. You cant have your cake and eat it too. I would like to add here that all my arguments are limited to the HD world only. I do not subscribe to the way Ten and Neo advertise on their SD feeds because there is obviously a limit to things. I am simply saying ESS aint crossing that thin line.

In India the customer base is very high when compared to other part of the world for viewing pay channels....

HD has just now started attracting peoples and for HD viewing, we require HDTV. So, HD is still long way to go, but Channels sud keep in mind that almost 90% TV being sold today are HDTV . So, first they should have ample content in HD before we start comparing it with other countries.

talking bout HD mate. Any comparative study of how many UK versus India households have HD connections

----------

@IM: You are giving the upper middle class urban statistic for 90pc HDTV sales. what about India.

In India only buddy. Even 24" , 32 " HDTV are available @ 14000. Thats why I took 90% figure. And comparing HD in India which has only 12-15 HD channels with country like UK where they have 200+ HD channels would be unjustified.

Back