Star Cricket HD showing promos in between overs :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratyush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 13,074
40 not on ala carte. Its 44 on add-on! We dont get Base packs complimentary on purchase of an add-on of Rs.88! We also have to buy base packs.

this point i accept. But the fact remains we indians are not paying as much for content as the rest of the world. stands to reason that we cannot probably compare the level of services on a planar note. It is pretty much more convoluted than the surface appearance of it.

On 1 side u accept. And on 1 side u deny.....make ur stand clear mate!If u accept that we get a channel at Rs. 44pm as addon in India & we get a channel for Rs.15.16 per month as addon in UK.......its but obvious a KG kid wud say which amount is smaller!

oh dear dear dear... See mate for ESPN HD we pay (hypothetically) 100 odd bucks in India as an add-on with your KG class math called in as (A+B)/CA - base pack costB - HD upgrade costC - no of channelsFor ESPN HD the costs from SKY HD are:A - 12GBPB - 10.25GBPC - 2 channelsPlease do explain who pays more.

A very crucial point that most people miss while comparing things between two countries rates/charges etc is the cost of living standards, things like average income, cost of items. To take an example, an average Indian (middle class) may be getting 10000-20000 rupees as salary, whereas in America it would be $2000-$3000. In such cases it is better to determine the value or worth of an item, rather than the conversion. In US, $1 is treated as how we would treat Rs.10. The actual conversion would be Rs.50. But that cannot be taken at face value.ExamplesMeal Rs.100 Vs $10 Choclate Bar Rs.10 Vs $1Similarly, we need to take all this into account...

@mhsabir Exactly what I mentioned about the problem being more convoluted than it appears. Having said that services per se will also be of a lower rung than those available in the western world is all that I am trying to emphasise here. No real point cribbing about it even though I personally am with the lot on this forum who are opposed to the idea of ads or promos on the HD broadcast which finally messes up the experience.Just an afterthought... to add to what mhsabir said.... we can take HD services as those akin to the high end restaurants which cost the same both in des and pardes. So to say that I can expect the same quality at some fraction of the cost is ethically incorrect.

ok so mr rajiv you seem to be happy with ads so be it .. i for one will want some difference to be there between SD and HD feeds else i see no reason for all these companies to launch HD channels just for more clarity but still spoil the show with ads .. thats a absoute NO NO .. its better India stops launching HD feeds and goes back to SD feeds ..

Difference sir? Are you trying to imply that SD and HD broadcasts have no difference except this ad factor?

And as I clearly state I am NOT happy with ads either but am making do instead of cribbing about the way broadcaster is trying to promote more people to jump onto buying Star Cricket HD. Maybe if he gets enough customers on board for the Champions League they may do away with this. The boycott idea doesnt seem to appeal to me is all I say.

Back