Star Cricket HD showing promos in between overs :(

• Thread starter Thread starter Pratyush
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 13,074
This is the curse of being indian and using the serivices....

i agree with you 10000% .. such quality of HD can be expected here in India only . 1 year back we were so happy seeing no ads and we thought atleast something exclusive for paying more money and seeing a match on HD .. alas it was shortlived , i lay a bet with anyone that when ten cricket and neo cricket become full time HD channels they will infest same number of ads they show on SD channel .. only difference between SD and HD will be the quality of picture thats all .. sad :(

whoa ... people are still watching the England series? Man... we got some very optimistic fans out here..

Its not some ...many in india and abroad...we are just watching matches in TV if you had seen the match yesterday there were more indian fans in the ground than the English Crowd....How abt them?

I once again request everyone, that henceforth, do not subscribe to this channel.IF u subscribe, they will be encouraged to continue with this practice. And might even increase.If u dont buy it, they will think that theres something, that the viewer didnt like. If they have enough BRAINS, they will understand what we didnt like. If they do not have brains, then they will come asking to subscribers that what went wrong.Bottomline - Boycott, else u will have more reasons to regret in future.

We the TS customers are into HD Gold Pack which provides all the HD Channels.....

yeah... i saw that lot(crowd on the ground)... didnt understand why they were there... maybe just to catch a glimpse of Dr. Mahendra Singh DhoniAnd Jaymin, I dont agree with your boycott theory. See this Ad thing was bound to happen after a while. How do you think these broadcasters will sustain eh. My sympathies are with you and others who joined the HD bandwagon late with no-ads as a major factor of moving to HD sports viewing. But this had to happen one day.

yeah... i saw that lot(crowd on the ground)... didnt understand why they were there... maybe just to catch a glimpse of Dr. Mahendra Singh Dhoni

And Jaymin, I dont agree with your boycott theory. See this Ad thing was bound to happen after a while. How do you think these broadcasters will sustain eh. My sympathies are with you and others who joined the HD bandwagon late with no-ads as a major factor of moving to HD sports viewing. But this had to happen one day.

nobody is against ads , but there has to be a limit on it .. see how they show HD channels abroad . limit it to 1 ad every 2-3 overs .. out here in India this is just the start of HD and we are shown so many ads, imagine 1-2 years down the line when most people will own a HD STB then what will these channels do ?? make HD as pathetic as current SD channels ?? I had stopped seeing cricket for 2 years and re started only after ads free HD came but if these guys are going to infest ads here as well then I guess its time to say goodbye again ...

@ Ajju.....If thats the case, then atleast dont give it TRP. Watch it in SD. Thats the best way to boycott.@ Rajiv....Well "Sustaining" shudnt be any excuse at all. They are already charging a premium for subscribing to the the channel. If they cant sustain, then they better stop airing the channel itself. All over the world they show without ads, or with minimum ads. Not like this.More importantly, they also show pre-match discussion, post match analysis, lunch time talks, everything. Whereas here, it starts just 5 mins prior to the scheduled start & God knows what they show after the match - have never seen that coz India hasnt won any game till now after this channel came.How do the other channels like Star Movies HD, Star Plus HD, Star World HD, Star Gold HD, "sustain" without ads? These channels never show ads in between programmes/movies. And after that also, its just song fillers with 1 or 2 promos in between.

Back